Idea for FM10

IRL, although sometimes players don't admit it, when another player tackles them awfully and gives them a long term injury (Guthrie on Fagan this season) they must dislike them. I think this could be implemented on the game by the offending player sometimes being added to the injured players disliked person list. How much they dislike the player could relate to the injured players personality stats.

I say this because Gary Cahill did an awful two footed tackle (which he got a red for) on my Newcastle teams John Fleck and broke his leg and I now hate him for it:D

Anybody else agree with this? It's just a small feature that wouldn't have too big an impact on the game but I just thought it would be a good, realistic thing to have.

I think this could be quite controversial. Something would have to be put into a database editor, and some players might not be very happy seeing in a game that everyone hates them.

Do you get what I mean?

I do, but a 'hidden' disliked personel already exists. I looked in the editor, for example Joey Barton dislikes Frank Lampard and the value is 50. It doesn't show up on the player personality screen so what i'm suggesting is that this value should be added to the 'hidden' disliked personel

I don't understand this part of your post. Do you mean you are suggesting this should be added to players personal page? Like, under favored personel?

Sorry yeah that last bit didn't make much sense. I mean it should keep hidden as it is now

noooo, the bit that I would like to see added is that when a player is put out of action for a long time in the game due to a nasty tackle then the offending player should be added to the injured players disliked personel list

noooo, the bit that I would like to see added is that when a player is put out of action for a long time in the game due to a nasty tackle then the offending player should be added to the injured players disliked personel list

But every save game is different. Lets say Craig Bellamy did a bad tackle on Billy Jones. Billy Jones might dislike Bellamy on that save game, but that shouldn't impact who he dislikes on other save games.

Or are you suggesting that if Craig Bellamy did a bad tackle on Billy Jones Bellamy would go into Jones' disliked personel JUST on your game?

Please say if I'm misunderstanding you. I'm trying to udnerstand what you mean but I'm finding it a little difficult!!

But if you want it to stay hidden surely you're not asking for a new feature, just for an old feature to stay the same? I'm a bit confused here, I'm afraid.

I don't think a players disliked person list changes during the course of the game as it is currently, but is fixed in the db. I think the op is suggesting that the disliked person list be adaptable in-game to reflect bad feeling between two players in opposing teams if for example a bad tackle results in serious injury.

This would lead to unique relationships of disliked players on each individual person's save.

I don't think a players disliked person list changes during the course of the game as it is currently, but is fixed in the db. I think the op is suggesting that the disliked person list be adaptable in-game to reflect bad feeling between two players in opposing teams if for example a bad tackle results in serious injury.

This would lead to unique relationships of disliked players on each individual person's save.

I always thought the disliked personel could change. I mean, when you set a kid to be tutored by an older player who has a clashing personality they then fall out and refuse to work together. Does that not change a players disliked personel in that specific game only?

Also on FM08 I set Cacapa to be captain (god knows why) and then all the players said they disliked him about 2 months after. Does that not add Cacapa to the disliked players list?

I always thought the disliked personel could change. I mean, when you set a kid to be tutored by an older player who has a clashing personality they then fall out and refuse to work together. Does that not change a players disliked personel in that specific game only?

Also on FM08 I set Cacapa to be captain (god knows why) and then all the players said they disliked him about 2 months after. Does that not add Cacapa to the disliked players list?

Tbh, I don't know for certain if it does change or not for players in the same squad, given the evidence you provided, it seems like it does in that instance, but I've never noticed anything in the game to suggest that players from diffirent teams can gain a dislike for eachother. I've never tested this mind you and it's basically speculation on my part...I could be totally wrong.

Archived