Tommy Spurr

Is this a bug or not?

I was Wolves, bought Spurr for £1.8m, had him for 3 years, promoted to the Premmier League, his value rose to £6m, reported as a quality player and wanted to leave.

He had 1 year left but nobody gave me a decent offer so I rejected all offers, end of the season came and I released him, 2 months later he couldnt find another club and retired at the age of 22?? Surely a Bug, he was wanted by Juventus, Liverpool and Man City??

Do you know if there where teams still interested once he became a free agent, if there wheren't then its definately a bug, but if there where and he declined them all he just probably wanted to retire in the first place.

Usually the players' "requirements" skyrockets when he goes free agent tho. Many players that's interested in signing for you while they're in a club loses that interest if they become free agents...

I've had a very good 22 year old striker who left his club in july decide not to take up my offer to become the highest paid player at my club in november. We were sitting pretty at the top of the league but needed someone up top to get the ball in the back of the net. He retired a few days later.

Archived