Interface

I'm not one to complain about the new Football Manager's. They're different games to the CM's of old and I accept that. If I want a simple, quicker experience I'll play CM (pre 2005 of course.) If I want the more in depth experience then I'll side with Football Manager.

Today though I fancied a game of Champ Man 03/04 and though it's an astoundingly easy game I noticed how much better I found the interface. I don't go with Champ Man often, that's reserved for rare bouts of nostalgia so I was surprised how easy I found it despite being so used to Football Manager's interface.

I find it both easier to navigate and better on the eye.

Thought I might get some thoughts on this because it's not something I had previously thought about if I'm honest. Even with the short cuts and so on it felt easier to use and stuff like searching for a player by both club and the player's name felt like a god send when I go know a player but don't know the club he plays for and there are a number of players with the same name.

Am I alone in finding the CM 03/04 interface far superior to FM's?

I'm not one to complain about the new Football Manager's. They're different games to the CM's of old and I accept that. If I want a simple, quicker experience I'll play CM (pre 2005 of course.) If I want the more in depth experience then I'll side with Football Manager.

Today though I fancied a game of Champ Man 03/04 and though it's an astoundingly easy game I noticed how much better I found the interface. I don't go with Champ Man often, that's reserved for rare bouts of nostalgia so I was surprised how easy I found it despite being so used to Football Manager's interface.

I find it both easier to navigate and better on the eye.

Thought I might get some thoughts on this because it's not something I had previously thought about if I'm honest. Even with the short cuts and so on it felt easier to use and stuff like searching for a player by both club and the player's name felt like a god send when I go know a player but don't know the club he plays for and there are a number of players with the same name.

Am I alone in finding the CM 03/04 interface far superior to FM's?

I can't disagree that the interface on old cm games is easier.

However, I don't think that easier = better. I actually prefer the 'difficult to master' interface of fm to the 'pick up and play' nature of cm, as it just seems that much more rewarding when you have a great season and bring success to your club on fm than doing the same thing on cm.

Archived