Captain on bad form

My captain is my first choice striker. The thing is he hasn't scored in 7 starts and his form his been around 6-7. Could this effect the rest of the team? It seems to be. Would I be better off dropping him for a while for the sake of the team?

Of course his form will effect the rest of the team, he's not scoring any goals for you, tell him you are disapointed with his form, and see what sort of reaction you get. If its not a positive one, drop him for a couple of games.

I don't want to risk a big falling out with him though. He has been brilliant for me, he's just going through a rough patch.

I stick with strikers through goal droughts TBH, but may change it as he is captain. Try some media interaction first.

I usually stick with them too.

I think I'll tell him what I think of his recent form and see what he says.

My captain is my first choice striker. The thing is he hasn't scored in 7 starts and his form his been around 6-7. Could this effect the rest of the team? It seems to be. Would I be better off dropping him for a while for the sake of the team?

best to put him in a reserve match and watch him carefully

if no difference give him a rest for a couple weeks

I never play a striker as my captain. They are to vulnerable to form slumps and thus having a negative effect on the team. I'm not sure why but I seem to notice anytime I play a striker as captain they don't seem to perform as well, I tend to think of it as them feeling like they are under to much pressure

Archived