The regens descendant on current players..?

I know that this is the case in CM01/02 which I am currently playing, and I quite like it.

Don't know this "feature" has been removed...? Does anyone like to be put back in the game..?

And it would be only visible from an editor (for the ones that want to check them out), and also there should be media hype about some youngster having the same moves and play like (let's say) Kaka. Offcourse they should not be always right, but something like a 60-70% accuracy. And with right tutoring, training etc. the regen should really become the new Kaka.

Feel free to add more about how this thing should be implemented if you like it, and also if you don't like it feel free to say you opinion.

Cheers!

Uhm, guys... my question was more like... do you like the ancestors/descendants broughts back in FM10, and also if anyone know to tell me, why i has been removed. Because it seems to me as it would be easier that way, and there will be no more "bad regen" players.

By ancestor/descendant I assume you are referring to the old CM versions where when a footballer retires, a 'regen' is added into the game with the same PA, hidden attributes and positional roles? So basically it is the same footballer, as the attributes of the retired player have been recycled for the 'new' one.

If that is what you are referring to, the reason why it has changed into what is today is because the previous system of creating 'new' players is unrealistic. That does not happen in real-life, what happens is youngsters come into the game with their own personalities and their own potentials. That is why the game has shifted to the creation of 'newgens'.

And if you ask me, I think SI have always wanted the game to create 'newgens' as opposed to 'regens', but technology limited them to the 'regen' system at the very beginning. Once they had found out how to reliably implement the creation of youngsters with totally 'new and unique' attributes (as opposed to 'influenced' in the previous system) in the game, they fully embraced it and never looked back ever since.

:thup: for realism.

I much prefer the new system. Not a big fan of the system where one player retires the exact same player is created as a youth only with a different name. Much better to have completely individual players coming through, can't see it ever going back to the old way.

maybe an option at the beggining of the game?

Yes, that would be great!

The fact that I am suggesting this is because I see many people complain about the "quality" of the newgens. I have no problem with the newgens, but as Mwralha stated above it would be a nice thing to put an option at the beggining "NEWGENS" / "REGENS". With the regens, you know that you will have your "favourite" player, and that with the right nurturing he will fulfill his potential.

The second reason why I want this option is because when you start the game and you see some old player who used to be great and you say to yourself "Oooh, I wish I could have him in my squad at his prime". Like let's say Shevchenko, you wish you could have him like he was at Milan (the first time!). Well you just wait a couple of seasons, he retires, and then you wait for some headline in the news section that some youngster is getting everybody on their feet with his game and he's touted to be the next Sheva. And I'll say again, they don't have to be right everytime, there are a lot of examples IRL that we're touted as the next XXXXX, but it turned out that it was only for that season or similar.

No.. its more fun to have to nurture random regens.

Given time a Human manager would be able to identify who the regen players used to be.... and you would end up with a team full of regenerated former Ronaldo's and Beckhams.

Id much rather have the challenge of having to nurture completely random and new regens.

It doesn't make all that much difference. If the old system was used, they would need to make sure you couldn't tell who it was when they came back. I don't really see the point in changing it back.

Archived