How To Get Into AFC Champions League?

You should be able to qualify for the AFC Champions league. The new AFC CL rules state that only the top 11 asian leagues can qualify for the ACF CL and the Singapore league is ranked the 11th best league in Asia. By rights you should be in the hat for the AFC CL. Strange one that, maybe a bug?

The only other thing as to why you didn't qualify was perhaps your attendances/stadium weren't up to scratch, hence your fellow singaporean team, Tampines, qualified as their's was up to specification?

You should be able to qualify for the AFC Champions league. The new AFC CL rules state that only the top 11 asian leagues can qualify for the ACF CL and the Singapore league is ranked the 11th best league in Asia. By rights you should be in the hat for the AFC CL. Strange one that, maybe a bug?

But the question is whether the new rules are encoded in the game or not.

From what I know it hasn't.

Yeah, by the looks of it they haven't been encoded yet (very disappointing). I usually play Asian leagues and AFC CL (as i live in Asia) but so far in FM09 i haven't had the chance to as i'm playing a long term game in Europe at the minute so i can't tell you.

The only other thing as to why you didn't qualify was perhaps your attendances/stadium weren't up to scratch, hence your fellow singaporean team, Tampines, qualified as their's was up to specification?

With regards to stadium, IRL only the Jalan Besar Stadium (home of the Young Lions) is up to AFC specification, and both Home United (playing in the AFC Cup) and SAFFC (Asian CL) use Jalan Besar as their 'home' during the Asian games.

With regards to stadium, IRL only the Jalan Besar Stadium (home of the Young Lions) is up to AFC specification, and both Home United (playing in the AFC Cup) and SAFFC (Asian CL) use Jalan Besar as their 'home' during the Asian games.

SAFFC actually play in the Choa Chu Kang Stadium IRL which only holds 4000. Young Lions play in the Jalan Besar Stadium which holds around 6000 i think. This was the reasoning behind me thinking that the stadium specs weren't up to scratch. But i think like you, the new AFC CL rules haven't been encoded yet.

Sorry, i didn't read your post properly and didn't read that SAFFC use the Jalan Besar Stadium as their 'home' ground in the AFC CL. This i didn't know, i presumed they played their home games at their usual stadium. This further makes me believe then that the new rules haven't been encoded yet.

You can get in by winning the confederations cup I'm pretty sure. It hasn't happened to my team yet but I'm playing in Malaysia and noticed that last season DPMM of Brunei won it and this year they have a place in the champions league.

Archived