patrick vieira just got the france job on my game

straight after the world cup, haha. i think maybe his reputation as a manager might be a little too high considering this is his first job but it's not like i'm moaning just thought this was very soon.

It's not as if no players in real life haven't just walked into international jobs as their first managerial job.

Marco van Basten and Jurgen Klinsmann just to name two.

If his stats are high enough then I don't see why he shouldn't be given it.

Gary Neville was given the England job only to lose 4 times on the trot in the qualifiers. He was sacked pretty fast after that and Stewart Pearce was given the job.

On my game Vieira got the Arsenal job as his first one. He's been there for a number of years now. I'm in favour of high profile players getting big jobs. I mean in the premiership you have Southgate and did have Keane who had no managerial experience and now Alan Shearer at Newcastle so it can and does happen.

yeah, like i said in the very first post, i'm not complaining...

Yeah, you said that, but you also said that his reputation maybe a bit too high to enable him to get the france job as his first job. Why? My examples pointed out a contradiction to what you said, Klinsmann and Van Basten got the national jobs IRL......so why couldn't Vieira?

Yeah, you said that, but you also said that his reputation maybe a bit too high to enable him to get the france job as his first job. Why? My examples pointed out a contradiction to what you said, Klinsmann and Van Basten got the national jobs IRL......so why couldn't Vieira?

ok. so when did pat vieira do his coaching badges? klinsmann coached in the us btw and van basten coached with ajax, they're also both much higher profile players, van basten in particular is seen as one of the best players of all time

While he was still playing? Ryan Giggs is in the process of doing his at the minute.

alright then, well i guess i'll just point out that the other two both coached before it and there's no record of pat vieira being a coach on my game.

alright then, well i guess i'll just point out that the other two both coached before it and there's no record of pat vieira being a coach on my game.

There's no record of Jurgen Klinsmann coaching before managing the German national team on the game either.

Now days, managers don't need coaching badges to take jobs. Klinsmann, Southgate, Roeder...none of these had badges and yet still got high profile jobs. It's not a big deal and like you say, it's still not a big deal. Former great players can now be offered top jobs with no previous experience/badges. Josep Guardiola at Barcelona?

another bad example as guardiola was in charge of their b team.

i'm not saying it's never happened, i was just making the thread for the sake of it.

And Van Basten was in charge of Ajax under 9's. Can you not understand the point we're making? Where is the problem in Vieira getting the France job as his first job? Guardiola had 9 months experience with Barca 'B', hardly a lot of experience to enable him to get the top job at Barca's full team.

I think you're just trying to bump up your post/thread count by posting needless drivel as pointed out in this thread and in another thread regarding the correlation between tactics and cup draws.

And Van Basten was in charge of Ajax under 9's. Can you not understand the point we're making? Where is the problem in Vieira getting the France job as his first job? Guardiola had 9 months experience with Barca 'B', hardly a lot of experience to enable him to get the top job at Barca's full team.

I think you're just trying to bump up your post/thread count by posting needless drivel as pointed out in this thread and in another thread regarding the correlation between tactics and cup draws.

look man, i don't really care what my post count is. judging by the fact that i've made less than 400 posts in two years i'd have thought that would be obvious. clearly i'm bored which is why i'm posting on this forum, sorry if the quality of my posts aren't up to your high standards, haha. anyway, i don't know why you're asking me where the problem is with vieira getting the france job as i quite clearly stated that there was no problem and have done all along. the only reason i have been responding and pointing out the marginal reasons that make the coaches that you have named a slightly better choice is because you named them in an attempt to make it seem as though this wasn't even remotely unusual.

i can see the point you are making, but why are you making it? anyone reading this thread will be wondering why you bothered to question my making of this thread in the first place, unless it was just to boost your own post count, or perhaps your internet ego.

can you see in the first post how the moderator of the forum posted a little smiley face and made a light hearted response? that's kinda what this thread was about, haha

look man, i don't really care what my post count is. judging by the fact that i've made less than 400 posts in two years i'd have thought that would be obvious. clearly i'm bored which is why i'm posting on this forum, sorry if the quality of my posts aren't up to your high standards, haha. anyway, i don't know why you're asking me where the problem is with vieira getting the france job as i quite clearly stated that there was no problem and have done all along. the only reason i have been responding and pointing out the marginal reasons that make the coaches that you have named a slightly better choice is because you named them in an attempt to make it seem as though this wasn't even remotely unusual.

i can see the point you are making, but why are you making it? anyone reading this thread will be wondering why you bothered to question my making of this thread in the first place, unless it was just to boost your own post count, or perhaps your internet ego.

can you see in the first post how the moderator of the forum posted a little smiley face and made a light hearted response? that's kinda what this thread was about, haha

As you can see, 170 posts in 5 years for me certainly indicates that in no way am i trying to boost my post count, i think that is clear for everybody to see. What makes me think that you are is the response you gave me to my last thread regarding away cup draws. I asked if there was any randomisation involved for you to reply that it was to do with my tactics. Why post that if you're not trying to boost your post count? Needless.

People reading this thread will not be wondering why i bothered to question your thread as the responses clearly point out that the majority of people feel the same....there's no problem with Vieira getting the job. You clearly indicate that you think otherwise and state, i quote " i think maybe his reputation as a manager might be a little too high considering this is his first job". I gave examples of a contradiction to your view as did other people.

You clearly like to argue the toss and post needless responses (why have you got two infractions?) This thread has obviously become a bickering match for you and it is for that reason i'm not going to continue to comment on this thread. I've needlessly bumped this thread up when there are more interesting threads open up for discussion.;)

(That by the way is a smiley face indicating the light-heartedness)

As you can see, 170 posts in 5 years for me certainly indicates that in no way am i trying to boost my post count, i think that is clear for everybody to see. What makes me think that you are is the response you gave me to my last thread regarding away cup draws. I asked if there was any randomisation involved for you to reply that it was to do with my tactics. Why post that if you're not trying to boost your post count? Needless.

People reading this thread will not be wondering why i bothered to question your thread as the responses clearly point out that the majority of people feel the same....there's no problem with Vieira getting the job. You clearly indicate that you think otherwise and state, i quote " i think maybe his reputation as a manager might be a little too high considering this is his first job". I gave examples of a contradiction to your view as did other people.

You clearly like to argue the toss and post needless responses (why have you got two infractions?) This thread has obviously become a bickering match for you and it is for that reason i'm not going to continue to comment on this thread. I've needlessly bumped this thread up when there are more interesting threads open up for discussion.;)

(That by the way is a smiley face indicating the light-heartedness)

hahaha

since you've been on the forum before i think you're probably aware that people reguarly post "it's your tactics" and you seem to not be able to detect when i'm joking at all, maybe it's because the forum is text based but if you really thought i was serious then, when i accused you of posting to get your count up or when i criticised the fact that vieira's managerial rep is very high then i think that's a bit strange but nevermind.

btw one of my infractions is for swearing and the other one is for calling someone a moron... why do you ask? lols

Archived