Away Cup draws

I don't know if anyone else has the same problem, but whenever the cup draw is due, i always seem to be inevitably drawn away from home. I was wondering how the draw is coded into the game, is it just random? Just bad luck i guess but it would be nice to sometimes have a home tie.

AwayCupdraw.jpg

It doesn't happen every season but more often that not it happens a lot of seasons. Which is why it got me wondering about how the cup draws are coded. Just bad luck then i guess. I'm sure it's just a random draw but nevertheless, how many more times can i be 'randomly' drawn away from home?

AwayCupdraws1.jpg

CupDraws2.jpg

Would there be a stipulation where your ground may not meet specifications for the cup?

or am I just fishing here...

Unfortunately, you're just fishing!;) The grounds of the various clubs i've managed at were all up to the specific specification as far as i know. I guess i'll just have to put it down to consitent bad luck in the cup draws then. On the plus side, the law of averages must state i'll be due a lot of home draws in the future?!;)

i can see home draws there...?

You can indeed, but out of the 23 cup ties shown, 3 are home, 2 are at a neutral ground (in which my team were named second e.g. Coleraine v LURGAN CELTIC, which in my experiences feel like you're the away team) and 18 are away ties.

So, 3 home ties out of 23 isn't too bad is what you're saying?;)

You can indeed, but out of the 23 cup ties shown, 3 are home, 2 are at a neutral ground (in which my team were named second e.g. Coleraine v LURGAN CELTIC, which in my experiences feel like you're the away team) and 18 are away ties.

So, 3 home ties out of 23 isn't too bad is what you're saying?;)

yes that's exactly what i'm saying, it's just your tactics is all.

Unfortunately, you're just fishing!;) The grounds of the various clubs i've managed at were all up to the specific specification as far as i know. I guess i'll just have to put it down to consitent bad luck in the cup draws then. On the plus side, the law of averages must state i'll be due a lot of home draws in the future?!;)

No, sorry. My prediction for the future is that you'll get roughly even splits between home and away from this point on.

Archived