Do big teams get the better of refereeing decisions?

They do in real life. I think they do in the game. I had a player through one on one with the Arsenal goalkeeper (in the Carling Cup Final) when a defender hacked him down from behind at the edge of the penalty box. I got a free kick but amazingly a red card (or even yellow) was not given. As expected Arsenal scored a couple of minutes later to lift the cup.

Too realistic perhaps!!

I dont understand how you can ever be "too realistic".

And I do think the big teams get the decisions to be fair. In my last league season my Real Madrid side had ten penalties, whereas thrid from bottom Almeria were only awarded one.

I dont understand how you can ever be "too realistic".

And I do think the big teams get the decisions to be fair. In my last league season my Real Madrid side had ten penalties, whereas thrid from bottom Almeria were only awarded one.

Is that not because your teams spent significantly more time in the opposition penalty area compared to Almeria due to the significant difference in quality of yoru players?

I dont agree that in real life the bigger teams get the better rub of the green. I just think that it is highlighted more and a bigger deal is made out of these situations when it is a bigger club and therefore it appears that they are int his situation more than a smaller club/lower league club

thats just plain werid, I came in here to post more or less the exact message The Kreman did! Cheers, you saved me some typing time! Maybe I should write a witty Limerick instead with all this extra energy

recently played boca away in the argentinian league and the ref was terrible. never seen a ref so biased in FM, hometown ref's are in the game. not sure about ref's giving decisions based on the reputation of a club though

Archived