SI Regens

I was just wandering, after having just signed my first SI regen (Edward Lambert, has the 'personality of a goat, at least according to some random blokes down the train station anyway')

Whos the most/least successful SI regen uv seen? Any world beaters? or super flops?

Olly Kenney Always seems to do good.

He always does well on my saves too, strange that he's not turned up in my current save yet though (2018). Another player who always seems to do well in my games, i don't think he's an SI regen, just a normal regen called Jason Hughes, who always seems to play for Man Utd.

Sorry if this is me being ignorant but what is a 'regen' & 'newgen'?

A regen is a "Regenerated player" which essentially means a newly named player that is just a younger version of a player that has retired.

So say David Beckham retired, at the same time a younger version of himself with a different name would be added to the database.

This however no longer the case in the FM series and we now have "Newgens"

Newgens are "Newly generated players" these are completely new players that are generated all the time, and are of totally different positions / quality to anyone that has recently retired. This then allows for the game to go off on its own tangent, rather than in 10 years you essentially having the same batch of players just with different names.

Usually these days whenever someone mentions a "Regen" they actually mean "Newgen" its just a common misconception & its actually a lot nicer word to say "Regen" anyway. ;)

Hope that helps :)

Glenn Stiemens, South-African striker. Turned into a pretty decent striker in the Belgian Pro League division.

weird. i had a player with the same name who was from south africa and had one of the si personalities. he ended up captaining the team and becoming their all time top goalscorer, also played for barcelona and other top teams in europe. never signed him myself though.

A regen is a "Regenerated player" which essentially means a newly named player that is just a younger version of a player that has retired.

So say David Beckham retired, at the same time a younger version of himself with a different name would be added to the database.

This however no longer the case in the FM series and we now have "Newgens"

Newgens are "Newly generated players" these are completely new players that are generated all the time, and are of totally different positions / quality to anyone that has recently retired. This then allows for the game to go off on its own tangent, rather than in 10 years you essentially having the same batch of players just with different names.

Usually these days whenever someone mentions a "Regen" they actually mean "Newgen" its just a common misconception & its actually a lot nicer word to say "Regen" anyway. ;)

Hope that helps :)

hmmm, are you sure that it was a new version of the same player because i'm quite sure that the pa and ca would be different. i set a nickname for roy keane and when he retired managed to find the regen who had quite obviously taken his place as the nickname was the same, but he wasn't very good at all and came from africa.

Archived