FM All nighter Thursday

I'm in, just started the 2018-19 season in my Leicester game and am reviewing my squad after last season's calamitous final week (lost in CL final on penalties after allowing an injury-time equaliser to 10 men on Sat, lost a title decider at Chelsea on Tue and won the FA Cup against Spurs the following Sat 3-2 when 3-0 up with 10 to go...)

Having just won the Champions League with Real Madrid and in the process making it 6 trophies in two seasons, I am tempted to resign if and take up another job if any other big jobs become available.

I am however undecided, because I have Karim Benzema and Marquinhos joining when the summer transfer window opens.

Evenin/morning lads, just been catching up on what i missed on tv tonight but raring to go now. Only about 3am for me tonight, got to go pick up the mrs then.

Pick up the mrs @ 3am?

Wont even mention what went through my mind:o

I have to get rid of this insomnia - it really gives me a wild imagination:D

Who in here plays the pre season games?

I do, but have my Ass. man set to arrange them so I don't have to keep asking a bunch of clubs to play in them just to get rejected, which is always what happens when I try to arrange them myself.

I play them as i want to make sure everyone gets fit but i just run through them on commentary only.

I dont put much faith an ass man really, I just have him doing a bit of coaching and arranging friendlies. I wanted Gerrard as mine but he wants to be a manager so I got Gary Speed

Did you warn/fine him?

Warned as it was the first time doing it. I would of fined him if i had not many strikers but its just annoying that he got sent off ina game which means nothing to him as he is a first team player.

Appiah has gone from serie A to League 1 with Leicester :D

First time it always a warning, then it's one weeks wages and after that it's two weeks wages. I'll only warn for two yellows though.

It happens, Toldo went from Serie A to League One. Mind you he is 38 now but still brilliant in goal.

Yeah thats what i do mate.

Yeah but Appiah is only 27 and nearing his prime :D

Fans love him. Hes only on 8 grand a week and he could be playing at a much higher level. Him and Gibson did well before Gibsons loan deal ended but now hes with Randall and they are playing brillianty togeather such a shame his loan runs out ina month :(

Just played my 100th game in charge of Hartlepool. Got my record highest attendance aswell :)

Top of the table:

Pos Team            Played  Points
1   Bradford        42      73
2   Sheff Wed       42      71
3   Hartlepool      42      69
4   Swansea         42      68 
5   Bristol Rovers  42      68
6   Huddersfield    42      62

Appiah is king. Brought him in to Southampton first season. Had a superb year before Stoke nicked him for £9.75M :(

Yeah and hes free! No-one wanted him on my game. I did sign him when he was injured though and didnt get to play him for a while. Congrats Drunk Beware! Hope i manage to get to 100 games with Leicester! You seem to be doing a good job compared to the manager on my game.

Two hours later, one squad reviewed and I'm now sending my scouts off for backups who can do some tutoring; crossing my fingers that my defensive midfielder who's touted as the next Owen Hargreaves will soon be getting tutored by him...

Not a bad season 2:

Pos Team            Played  Points
1   Fulham            25      60
2   Bristol C         25      56
3   [b]Southampton[/b]       25      52
4   Cardiff           25      51 
5   Birmingham        25      46
6   Bolton            25      44

Thanks to the summer wholesale, I was given a whopping £3.5M to buy players for. Got some decent players in, and my team right now is quite strong.

GK: Davis / Forecast

DR: James / Hatch

DL: McEveley / Mills

DC: Traore / Baker / Svensson / Thomas

MCd: Tettey / Wright

MCa: Llallana / Ambrose

MR: Thomson / Jans

ML: Skacel / Surman

FCd: Jerome / McGoldrick

FCa: Kabba / BWP

Only thing that worries me is that my FCa's are on strike and that GK is letting in a lot of crap goals thanks to bad positioning and slow reaction. But I still have the 3rd best defence in the league and only lost one game so far.:)

My mission now is to bring in a new GK and perhaps a pacey striker for the million I got left...

Alright for some with the budget i have nothing left and all i spent was 140k!

Edit: I have a good defence and a good keeper but my stikers just cant finish! My keeper has 10 cleansheets in 14 games! Defence and midfield is sorted but i can never find that striker who scores me 20+ goals a season in the lower leagues.

Alright for some with the budget i have nothing left and all i spent was 140k!

Edit: I have a good defence and a good keeper but my stikers just cant finish! My keeper has 10 cleansheets in 14 games! Defence and midfield is sorted but i can never find that striker who scores me 20+ goals a season in the lower leagues.

I know the feeling - I never find anyone that does that when playing below Championship:(

I don't understand, things are going so well :o

I havn't conceded for some time now and up to 2nd in the Malaysian premier division (not the top division, theres a super league), there must be something wrong.

Archived