Posting a screenshot

How to Post a Screenshot

While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

Save the file as a JPEG

Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket

Post the direct Url to the image here.

thanks pne but the prt sc button dosent do anything on my computer!

Nothing apparent happens when you press it, but when you open Paint or similar program, press Ctrl+V. That will paste into Paint whatever was showing on your screen when you pressed Prt Sc

Alt+F9 will take an automatic screenshot and send it to My Docs - SI - FM - Screenshots. You don't need to go through all that Paint rubbish.

IIRC though, that saves the img as a png, which usually takes longer to load on the forums, whereas with Paint, you save it as a jpeg which takes a lot less time to load. Plus, in all fairness, it doesn't take very long at all to paste it into Paint, plus should you need to, it is easy to crop the image then also

I suppose paint is handy if your life is so hectic that you can't wait for a png to load :thup:

OK, no need to get all sarky about it, I was only making a point.

IMO using Paint is better, it doesn't take very long, you can edit it there and then if you need to and the picture will load quicker, all positives

Right this is what ive done. i tryed everything but it didnt work but the image is on my computer so i uploaded it on photobucket so all i need to do now is put it on here. how do i send the image?

Whatever appears in the second box.

There are four options when you hover over the picture you want to post a picture of;

Email & IM, Direct Link, HTML Code, IMG Code

Copy and paste the direct link onto wherever you want to post a link.

EDIT: Well done.

Archived