Quick question regarding transfers

When you accept a transfer paid in stages, do you get the full value of the transfer in your budget straight away or dip fed over the installment period.

Im sure this is covered somwehere but I couldnt find it.

I think you get the majority of it up front, or maybe about 40% then the rest in installments.

I checked on a transfer like this but could be different for individual transfers.

Edit: To clarify, you get that in your budget not the actual money so to speak.

You get all of it in your transfer funds. But what people get mistaken is that most clubs, will only give you 70% OF THE revenue made on transfers so it appears you do not get the full amount but you do.

You dont get all of it straight away. What would be the point in having it in the game if you get all the money upfront even with installments put in the deal.

I get caught out with the 70% revenue made for transfers quite a lot only in my case it is 50%

I think Neji has it right; your transfer budget is increased by the amount of the fee that will be paid in that season (dependent of course on what percentage of that fee your board is making available to you). The actual money arrives according to the installment plan agreed with the club in question.

Yup Neji got it right, and here are some examples to illustrate the possible variations in transfer deals.

Let's assume your chairman has allowed 75% of whatever transfer revenue earned to be added into your transfer budget.

Player A is sold for £10 million upfront. You will get that £10 million in your bank balance immediately, and £7.5 million is added to this season's transfer budget immediately as well.

Player B is sold for £5 million upfront and an additional £5 million to be paid over a period of 12 months. You will get £5 million in your bank balance immediately, with the additional £5 million split into 12 monthly installments and added to your balance on a monthly basis. You will get £7.5 million added to this season's transfer budget immediately though, because the installments are expected to be completed within this particular season.

Player C is sold for £5 million upfront and an additional £5 million to be paid over a period of 24 months. You will get £5 million in your bank balance immediately, with the additional £5 million split into 24 monthly installments and added to your balance on a monthly basis. You will only get £5.625 million added to this season's transfer budget immediately though, as only £7.5 million of the total £10 million is expected to be received within this season. The remaining £2.5 million of transfer revenue will be worked into next season's transfer budget.

Player D is sold for £10 million to be paid over a period of 24 months. You will not get any cash upfront immediately, but will receive it in 24 monthly installments. You will also only get £3.75 million added to this season's transfer budget, as that is 75% of the expected £5 million transfer revenue earned from this deal within this season. The remaining £5 million transfer revenue to be received next season, will be worked into next season's transfer budget.

I'd like to borrow this topic for just one question.

Is it possible to make an offer for a player in which the immediate fee is within the transfer budget, but the overall transfer value (immediate fee + monthly installments) is bigger than your transfer budget?

For example, my transfer budget is 22m and I make an offer of 22m now + 6m over 12 months, can that transfer go through, is there perhaps some sort of a ratio between the immediate fee and monthly installments or was I just dreaming? :D

I'd like to borrow this topic for just one question.

Is it possible to make an offer for a player in which the immediate fee is within the transfer budget, but the overall transfer value (immediate fee + monthly installments) is bigger than your transfer budget?

For example, my transfer budget is 22m and I make an offer of 22m now + 6m over 12 months, can that transfer go through, is there perhaps some sort of a ratio between the immediate fee and monthly installments or was I just dreaming? :D

No, as the total you would be paying out in 'the current season' would be over your 22M budget. You could (it may also depend on when you want to do the transfer) by say putting £16M upfront and 12M over 24 months (which would be the same total of 28M as your previous example.

Archived