Nice touch.

I've had this before loads of times as i only ever sign one year contracts and i do a great job usually :D So then the players come out and back me a month or so before my contract runs out. Had a message where the whole squad backed me to get a new contract before :):D

I've had this before loads of times as i only ever sign one year contracts and i do a great job usually :D So then the players come out and back me a month or so before my contract runs out. Had a message where the whole squad backed me to get a new contract before :):D

Why do you only sign one year contracts? I like to have a couple of years put onto mine

On previous games I always went for one-year rolling contracts, to ensure that I could maximise my income. Now I sign two-year contracts, but always get offered a new contract after one season anyway (primarily because we've over-achieved yet again!).

really, ALWAYS? even when dominating every tournament for nearly a decade they would still let mine tick down to the final six or three months most of the time

Hmmm, well thinking about it maybe 'always' was an exaggeration! I started with Brighton in League 1; the first few years they offered me a new contract with 3 months to go. However as soon as I got to the Premiership (and presumably got my reputation boosted enough to start attracting attention from other clubs) they offer me a contract every 12 months. I have also turned down several jobs (including the Arsenal job where they offered me £150k a week and a £146m transfer budget!), so obvious am wanted by other clubs. Thinking about it that may well be why.

Archived