Is it possible to reverse the game by a Save?

Basically, the question is at the end, but maybe someone can help by getting a different idea than mine from what's between here and the end.

So I manage in a country where you need to register players for them to be eligible to play.

The league has a squad registration window which closes on 28th March (obviously just after the winter break). A news item says that the transfer window closes on the night of that day. Happened that I was lazy and did not register my new players right after signing them, now the game time is 6 AM on that very same 28th March. I should be able to register, shouldn't I? But NO, I can't, the option for that has gone (there's the 'Squad Numbers' option for that so when a player gets a number, he's registered).

What makes the whole thing look really stupid is that the transfer window closes that evening, yet you can't register a player on that day, so it's a waste of a "transfer day", basically. Plus, at 12 AM that day, there comes a news item that says the player registration window has closed. Again, a bit early, wouldn't you say? I'm mentioning two windows, because there are two different things obviously: one is a transfer window and the other a player registration window (in the league I play in). The whole thing is illogical and can't be what it is in real life.

The problem is I've saved the game at that 6 AM time on 28th March. If the save would be day earlier, there wouldn't be any problems.

Is there the slightest of chanches that a save can be "reversed"? Like, can I go back a save? Does System Restore have any effect on the save?

Any thoughts, please?

I only have one file in 'My Documents'.

Rolling save is automatic save, right? I have that off and do it manually.

So, a simple 1 + 1 means that I'm screwed, right?

My new players have to rot in the reserve team for half a season.

edit: There the lesson, folks. Don't do tomorrow what you can do today. Hah!

Thanks for the quick help. Really appreciate it!

Archived