Has my scout become useless?

One of my Scouts used to have Adap 20 Deter 16 JPA 18/20. He's now 60 years old and his deter is now 5 I never noticed this stat fall.

I currently having him roaming UK & Ireland (He's Scottish). Is he good enough to be roaming or should I be more hands on with where he scouts?

What might determination have to do with it? All I can see now is a big craggy Scotsman going 'If he's oot theer, I'll find him, you can be sure o' tha'!'

But in my experience, the scouts and tutorial advice are of limited help. What I did in the end was to take 6-8 top (IMO) goalies, full backs, centre backs, etc and look at their attributes. I then worked out what the average was as a way of spotting the highest shared attributes. Needless to say what I came up with was not quite the same as the tutorial, so I left some of those in there (only seems obvious to have a CM with high passing ability, after all).

I now have a list of top 5 stats as arrived at by analysis, plus those that are (or should be) obvious. I manage in the Conference, so obviously won't get top players, but by matching targets to my list and using the scouts to clear the 'fog of war', I've effectively taken control of scouting myself. Just seemed a bit 'lap of the Gods', otherwise - and boy was I convinced to sign some dross!

Ah. Maybe. But it does still bring to mind the sort of grimly driven figure I mentioned before. I only really take notice of player ability and potential stats, tbh, because 90% of the time I'll check the player out and think 'no way!'

Determination would be a factor in how many scout reports are returned per country i thought

I'm pretty sure that's it alright. A scout with rubbish determination, if he can't find players, is liable to throw his hands up in the air and give up the search.

Archived