Transfers

Just a quickie.

Does anyone else have this problem.... I have been the same team for 21 seasons now and you could compare my team to a 'top 4 Premiership club'

I have players that are as good as a bunch of players at other clubs, the ones valued at around £15m-£30m. Yet when I want to buy one of them, I am expected to pay around £80m - £120m

When other clubs expect to buy one of my players, that are JUST AS GOOD if not BETTER, at a same sized club, they will only pay £20m-£40m

I have yet to recieve a substantial bid for any one of my players, its been 21 seasons and they will never pay over the odds, yet if I ever want to buy a top player, I have to pay at least 4 times as much

Isnt this a little unfair?

Yes grossly unfair but the transfer system has been like this for many versions. It was revamped this year which made it easier to sell your players as clubs will actively pursue your players but it's nowhere near the finished article.

Nothing you can do about it i'm afraid apart from try to sign players when they are younger so you don't have to pay as much.

How is this unfair? If you choose to pay ridiculous fees for players, and also accept the 20-30m offers for your own players. that's your own fault. Very few players (if any) should be sold for 80m+.

Yeah, I think the above two posts sum it up. You aren't expected to pay 80mil, the club is basically saying "he's a top player and we aren't going to sell him for anything other than a ridiculous offer". You could use the same techniques, but you won't get any clubs actually giving you that amount of money because it generally doesn't happen in football.

When buying a player in that situation, it's just about whether you have money to burn and care enough about the player. I'd imagine playing as Man City or Real Madrid, I'd not think twice about spending that sort of money on a Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi, but with any other club it's a different situation.

How is this unfair? If you choose to pay ridiculous fees for players, and also accept the 20-30m offers for your own players. that's your own fault. Very few players (if any) should be sold for 80m+.

It is unfair because they unsettle your players so much yet only offer peanuts for them for 3 or 4 years in a row till their contracts run out and its impossible to get them to sign new contacts because they now want to leave the club. So you HAVE to sell them for peanuts.

All im saying is in FM08 I had offers for £50m-£80m for those one or two special players, yet in this version I havent seen an offer over £40m (for a player that was worth £28.5m aged 23 and the best centre back on the game)

80 - 120m usually means 'not for sale' IMO.

I agree, and I think it's indicative of the problems with the financial modules that human managed clubs are able to accrue transfer budgets large enough to pay these fees. I'd be interested if someone could find the spending of the top 4 in the English Premiership over the past 5 years (I've gone for the Premiership as they tend to spend more than other leagues, although you could perhaps look at Real Madrid and Barcelona in La Liga), but I'd imagine that it's very infrequent that a club spends more than £30m in one transfer window.

yeah if you set their asking price very high then they will sometimes offer a large amount of money too. had offers of over £50m but rarely, to be honest i was at the same club for a long time with great success so rarely had bids for any players. i think if you are getting a lot of offers for your players that are around their valuation then you may have poor morale.

It is unfair because they unsettle your players so much yet only offer peanuts for them for 3 or 4 years in a row till their contracts run out and its impossible to get them to sign new contacts because they now want to leave the club. So you HAVE to sell them for peanuts.

Nonsense. In my recent game as Roma, I had all the top European clubs after no less than 10 of my players every couple of months, and I ignored the rumors (except in the couple instances I wanted to sell.) Even the two players who whined about be rejecting offers played as well as ever.

Setting your 'price' on the player to a ridiculous amount tends to help as well.

Archived