"Fears for his future at the club"

Can anyone shed some light on what this is supposed to mean?

My entire youth squad has "Fears for his future at the club" for their General Happiness.

I can only assume it is because I have recently taken over the club (Dorchester in BSS) with Sunday League Footballer (Unproven) as my previous experience.

I have not released an excessive amount of players, nor offered players to other clubs, and this status has been present since I took over at the beginning of August, and now, a month later, they still have the same status.

Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers! :)

When a new manager takes over at a club it's only natural for players to feel slightly uneasy that a new manager is in charge and he may have totally different views from the previous manager about the players at that club. I'm sure this will disappear once the players realise that they aren't being bombed out of the club.

Are you still in the transfer window by any chance?

When taking over, it's best just to say 'Everyone will get a fair chance' or something similar, even if you already know there are a couple of players you want rid of. Leave it for a month and just don't pick the ones you want out. I've never had backlash then from sticking them on the transfer list (one guy even asked for a transfer, which I was only too happy to grant).

I guess it's possible for your own experience in football to upset a few players, too, though. I put 'semi-pro' on mine (because it has the virtue of being true; once upon a time, I played football and got paid for it, though they were small sums and I still needed a day job). It's not a problem with teams even as high as League Two - though I tend to start unemployed so it's rare for a league side to be interested straight off; BSP and BSS/N teams have no qualms, though (if only, eh?). If I was to put myself as manager of, say, Arsenal, though, I can imagine there'd be more than a few reactions along the lines of 'Who the hell is this muppet?' and 'Wonders about the ambitions of the club in appointing a nobody' - and that might result in a slew of transfer requests. I'd be out of there quicker than you can say 'Brian Clough at Leeds'.

Can anyone shed some light on what this is supposed to mean?

My entire youth squad has "Fears for his future at the club" for their General Happiness.

I can only assume it is because I have recently taken over the club (Dorchester in BSS) with Sunday League Footballer (Unproven) as my previous experience.

I have not released an excessive amount of players, nor offered players to other clubs, and this status has been present since I took over at the beginning of August, and now, a month later, they still have the same status.

Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers! :)

Do you have an Assistant Manager, have you set your options for him to take care of contracts?

If the players are worried about their professional deals and you are not playing them, maybe they think they wont get one. Where as if you set your AM to handle their contracts, perhaps this will lull them into a false sense of security

Arsenal, though, I can imagine there'd be more than a few reactions along the lines of 'Who the hell is this muppet?' and 'Wonders about the ambitions of the club in appointing a nobody' - and that might result in a slew of transfer requests. I'd be out of there quicker than you can say 'Brian Clough at Leeds'.

Class:D:D:D:D

Class, indeed. Laughed out loud at work, much to the chagrin of the people in the office next to mine :p

Just wanted to thank everyone for the input. To clarify:

-I used the "everyone will get a chance to prove their worth" or something to that effect line in the initial press conference, so I doubt that was the cause.

-I am no longer in the transfer window, but being in the BSS, it doesn't apply, so not sure how that would affect it.

Going through the press conference history, I noticed that I had asked my Assman to attend for just one of them at the beginning of my tenure, in which it was highlighted that he would be bringing players to strengthen the squad, and the news item read "It is thought that the Dorchester players will not react well to his comments," but that applies to the first team. I had a couple of players that had a PR icon, and "Player X is unhappy with Assman's comments," but that is to be expected, and went away after about a week, as it normally does.

My main issue is why the youth team, and youth team only have the "fears for his future at the club" status.

In response to The Kreman's comments, I have to play my youth team out of necessity, and even the one or two that I have offered pre-contract deals to still have the "soiled myself" status. No big deal, my inquiry was more out of curiosity than distress, but as I said, thanks for all of the feedback :thup::)

Archived