How much change/tweak/rotation are we allowed without affecting the team bond?

hey fellow managers,

i just need afew things cleared up and would very much appreciate some expert advice,

i understand that 'change' can affect the bond of the team in either player selection, tactics or formation,

however, it has not been clear for me to understand the limits and extent of 'change' that i am allowed without affecting

the team bond massively,

i understand that a drastic change in formation will definately affect the bond in some way or another,

however, what i dont understand is:

- does this include a drastic change in tactics? like going from ultra defensive straight to all-out attack?

if so, to what extent are we allowed to 'tweak'? 1 or 2 clicks left/right here and there?

- to what extent are we allowed to 'rotate' players?

my squad curently has an A and B team, A team is used against stronger teams and B team is used against weaker teams,

that means 22 players, a 11 man change, so am i affecting the team bond even though each player plays with the same

players when they play?

even if i dont have 2 teams to rotate, say i have a lot of midfielders, each game i change the whole midfield, whether

that is 4, 5 or 6 players.

i would just like to know the extent,

thank you very much

hey fellow managers,

- does this include a drastic change in tactics? like going from ultra defensive straight to all-out attack?

if so, to what extent are we allowed to 'tweak'? 1 or 2 clicks left/right here and there?

- to what extent are we allowed to 'rotate' players?

my squad curently has an A and B team, A team is used against stronger teams and B team is used against weaker teams,

that means 22 players, a 11 man change, so am i affecting the team bond even though each player plays with the same

players when they play?

For your first question, in my experience it depends on what is working and what team you are playing against. If you change from a 4-4-2 to a 4-5-1 when 4-4-2 was working fine you risk a loss. If you are worried that your attacking 4-4-2 might be exploited by Arsenal or Chelsea then perhaps just change minor things, like pace of the game and attacking mentality reduced to "normal". But if you've been losing by using 4-4-2, then perhaps 4-5-1 or 5-3-2 is what's needed.

Long story short, if it's working only do minor changes, if it's not have a big switch.

I don't know if this is effective or only in my head, because it's by no means foolproof, but if I've just beaten Hull 3-0 on Saturday using 4-4-2 but I've got Chelsea the following Saturday, I'll change my formation immediately on Sunday to 4-5-1 and put my expected team in place, only changing if someone gets injured. It might help with training, it might not. But it FEELS like I do better.

As for your other question, having 2 starting 11s is probably more effective than chopping and changing 6-7 players. UNLESS, that is, your second 11 is all kids, in which case I would suggest playing them alongside more experienced players, preferably their mentors if they have them. Again, this could be in my head, but it feels right.

Sorry I can't be clearer on this, but without knowing teams and lineups etc, it's difficult to know. And player naming and tactics are for the other forums, so general advice is all I got.

You'd be better asking the experts in the Tactics forum. My uncertain view is that if you keep the same formation and tweak the settings with that, it doesn't affect bonding. If you switch the an unfamiliar formation it lessens the bonding and players take a while to learn the new instructions. Could be wrong though.

Archived