What is the AMC Bug, and is there a Workaround?

Apologies if this has been asked before. I have searched and it seems a complaint but cannot really find the information i need.

I have become aware of the AMC bug on my own as its plain to see and it is ruining my game.

They are simply awful, rarely provide anything telling, and often just drift receiving awful ratings.

By asking what the bug is, i'm more asking what it is made up of, as in what is causing it if that has been discussed, rather than "What is everyone talking about" as obviously im aware of it. I say that just to avoid confusion.

With regard to this thread i need to ask what people are doing as a workaround as i usually build my teams around my AMC and with the problem i am finding i am concentrating on my DMC's which i usually have a static tactic for in every version of the game.

As i am now concentrating on the DMC position as key to my team i am finding that i am becoming more and more hopeless as i tweak and tweak and tweak, and get further into a mess.

I'm not looking for a tactic guide, or for people to say that i am rubbish at the game. Im quite happy to admit that with the AMC issue as it is i am not managing my team tactics as well as i would hope, that is for me to deal with.

I am just wondering if there is something that everyone is doing in order to still incorporate an AMC or a way of playing that still makes them useful without just ignoring them and messing around with other, usually successful, parts of my team.

Hope all that makes sense.

Not really a rant, tho maybe a little muddled as i am on the fly.

Thanks very much for the help if any is forthcoming.

Cheers guys.

SI tweaked the rating calculations for the AMC position in patch 9.3.0 to specifically tackle the "AMC bug". You should be able to see your AMC post ratings which are better reflections of his actual match performance. So if you are not yet patched, perhaps you could consider getting it.

If you are already on 9.3.0 and yet still see poor ratings posted by your AMC, perhaps he just is not doing enough of what is expected of an AMC? So it becomes less of an issue with the rating calculations but more of trying to fit the wrong type of player into your tactical system?

SI tweaked the rating calculations for the AMC position in patch 9.3.0 to specifically tackle the "AMC bug". You should be able to see your AMC post ratings which are better reflections of his actual match performance. So if you are not yet patched, perhaps you could consider getting it.

If you are already on 9.3.0 and yet still see poor ratings posted by your AMC, perhaps he just is not doing enough of what is expected of an AMC? So it becomes less of an issue with the rating calculations but more of trying to fit the wrong type of player into your tactical system?

I hadn't realized this was looked at in the 9.3 patch as it is still talked about daily. (I admit im more of a lurker than an asker).

That then i guess is my fault,

However i have tried the AMC with the 9.3 and have received poor results but maybe i am not concentrating on it as much as i would seeing as i was unaware that it had been looked at.

Maybe i should just have my DMC doing his thing and look at getting my AMC to control the game then.

With that said, there are still serious issues with the AMC position in my opinion.

I know the sliders are a source of contention and i wont go into it here, but my AMC certainly does not play where i want him to and certainly does not do what i ask him to without serious messing of his tactics (which of course i have not yet done with 9.3)

To me though, im used to my AMC contributing maybe 10-15 goals, and 15 assists per season (without giving him fifteen different parameters) not averaging a 5.7, going on one run per match and doing little else except scoring direct free kicks??

Well I agree with you on not going into the controversy that is the slider system as there are tons of other threads that have discussed it to no end. However, if you really want to employ an AMC in your formation and what to get the best out of him, I really would suggest you read through the first seven posts in the Tactical Theorems & Frameworks thread here. Pay special attention to post #2, #5 and #6, especially to all the relevant bits pertaining to AMCs.

It may be a long read, but ultimately you should be able to easily follow the guidelines and tweak all the necessary sliders to try and achieve a more flowing formation that should be more conducive for your AMC to contribute more than what he has done so far.

Hope this helps!

yes but then if affects his morale and motivation, not just how we rate them

my workaround I use is to put him as a striker but with no forward runs and a medium/low mentality, high CF and a free role, that way he plays as an amc, but get's ratings as a striker

not ideal by any stretch of the imagination

I set the AMC as a playmaker on "mixed" forward runs. This means they see a lot of the ball and have more of a chance to influence the game.

I think one of the problems is when the AMC is simply set in position with "often" forward runs, especially if they have low intelligence. For me, this only works when the player is an AMC/FC, and even then only rarely. It's certainly a problem, but the playmaker role is around a 80% effective for me.

Obviously he should have high passing, creativity, anticipation, workrate and stamina, and preferably dribbling and finishing too.

Have played Moutinho, Diego and VDV in both the AMC and MC positions and they do well for me. On 9.3.0 patch. Other, less intelligent players, haven't performed as well in that position.

Archived