press conference double negative question error

I keep getting the "dressing room harmony is great do you think this is the reason for success"

i answer yes

followed "by surely you wont keep this up and a drop in moral is just around the corner? do you think this is likely?"

i answer no (ie i dont think there will be a drop in form and moral - a positive response)

and yet the headline after the conference is "Manager Knows Spirit cant be maintained."

err well thats not what i said, i said that i expected that it would be maintained, i dont think its a bug because it has the comment written correctly, ie both question asked and answer given, yet the meaning is the wrong way round, i was asked a negative question, gave a negative answer should mean a positive responce, i dont think the person who wrote it got their negatives round the right way:mad:

I think it may be a poorly written question.

I assume ''surely you won't keep this up'' is the question you should be asking. IE "You won't keep this up" - "No."

That would be my guest from what you've written :D

I think it may be a poorly written question.

I assume ''surely you won't keep this up'' is the question you should be asking. IE "You won't keep this up" - "No."

That would be my guest from what you've written :D

I think the question that you actually answer in this instance is "Do you think this is likely?" So the correct response would be "No"

Pretty sure that I have answered this question negatively and got a positive response from my players, so something doesn't quite add up

Also, pretty sure you meant "guess" not "guest" Neji, what is this place coming to when the mods lose their ability to spell? :rolleyes:

Pretty sure that I have answered this question negatively and got a positive response from my players, so something doesn't quite add up

Then it is just a problem with the news item reporting wrong?

Also, pretty sure you meant "guess" not "guest" Neji, what is this place coming to when the mods lose their ability to spell? :rolleyes:

Shadap!

You should have seen it before I clicked 'post'!

Then it is just a problem with the news item reporting wrong?

I think so, yeah. I get this question quite often towards the end of the season, if I am doing well, and I am sure that I have never had a negative response from it.

OP: Have you looked at your squad to see if any of them have any response to the press conference? Like Neji said, it may well be a case of an incorrect news item, if your players have reacted well, then that would seem to back this up

Shadap!

You should have seen it before I clicked 'post'!

That bad eh? Maybe SI should think about providing you with a spell checker :p

Would be worth posting this in the bugs forum I think.

That bad eh? Maybe SI should think about providing you with a spell checker :p

Lack of sleep appears to be creeping in, I have to write everything twice :(

:D

Would be worth posting this in the bugs forum I think.

Yeah, I would say so too. The QA guys will probably want a save game from before the press conference and it wouldn't hurt to give them a few screenshots too :thup:

Lack of sleep appears to be creeping in, I have to write everything twice :(

:D

Aww, Neji tired? Lend me your mod powers then and go have some sleep :D

It's not a bug as such; it's part of the failing of the current press conference system. There are many odd or counter-intuitive responses, or response options that bear no clear resemblance to the question. I think it's widely perceived that the options and responses overall need an overhaul for FM10.

From appearances it seems that way. :)

Ah right cool, this thread was beginning to twist my brain, the whole positive/negative thing :confused: Although having read back through it, looks like I managed to confuse myself

Actually, it is a bug, and from what I can tell, if you don't have a save game before the press conference a save game after the conference with the headline you have quoted will be fine. Cheers.

i have a save game from after, where do i put it?!

I answer the 2nd question "No comment" - if the press are fishing for a negative response (and this one jumps out as press mischief the way it asked in the second instance), then I no-comment them. Im not afraid of upsetting the press as I will answer almost any question except any asked twice in a row and the one about who will win the League.

Archived