Matches at high altitudes.

There is an altitude setting for stadiums but what exactly it affects (I'm guessing the weather a bit) I don't know. I would assume it would point it out if it had a big effect in games. Its always fun seeing Bolivia, Ecuador and Peru being pretty decent at home and then spanked away :D

I just watched Argentina being massacrated by Bolivia a few hours ago, and now i'm wondering if playing at high altitude makes any difference in FM. Anyone got the answer?

I know what you mean Leo. Had the privilege of seeing Colombia play Brazil in Bogota a couple of years ago. Over the course of the game, the altitude was having a noticable effect on the Brazilians. Not to mention the tropical thunderstorm just on kick-off.

But, As far as I know, it doesn't have any effect in the game, bar what Quack said, i.e. the weather. Would be a good thing to factor in though, I think.

The thing is, each player would then have to have an attribute that corresponds to how well they deal with matches at high altitude.

I think this definately should be in the game. It would make all the difference for someone managing the likes of Bolivia & Ecuador.

Archived