Super Striker - The Game Thread

Thanks to everyone who signed up in the sign up thread, http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=115139.

To recap, the aim is to start with the 20 strikers all aged 16, and slowly whittle them down, one a year until we have our winner. It will be up to everybody to vote once each game year to see who is 'evicted'. The player will not be removed from the game, just will receive no updates. Anybody can vote, not just those in the game although only one vote per person for each year. Votes can not be changed, and it would be good to include a reason (if there is one) just to create some banter.

A tie in voting means I have the decision on who will be evicted. You can vote in the thread or pm'ing me, although I suggest in the thread, to create an atmosphere. There will be a period of two days in which to register your vote. I will say when voting begins and ends with a post.

There will be a few twists and turns, one being, Chimpy Chimpos, who is a manager from Brazil, I shall be using to help keep tabs on players through the shortcuts. I will holiday with him, and apply for all jobs at a higher reputation, taking each job as it comes up. If a player is playing for me (very unlikely), at the end of a game year, he will be exempt from voting. There will be no bias, he'll be holidaying all the time, leaveing his assistant to being him glory!

I shall include a screenshot at the end of the year of each striker, but shall also provide updates throughout the game year. Please bear with me as this is my first signup, and first time with the editing of these (html?) forums.

Please let me know if you see a mistake and I'll correct it. So good luck and thanks for reading.

First update will be soon, as I'm just about to click 'Go on holiday'.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It might be a disadvantage for those players at top clubs that they might not see too much first team action at first?

To be fair they chose the clubs and the clubs were among the first to be picked so they weren't forced to pick them (unlike me and Blackburn :mad:;) )

I'll happily swap you for Stoke ;)

You did indeed draw the short straw :p

I was suprised that Blackburn were left, at least I had an easy decision, Blackburn or Stoke, Blackburn or Stoke... hmmm :rolleyes:

Well half a season gone, and our young strikers are just finding their way in the world.

Michael Payne

Nothing too exciting for the ‘new Michael Owen’ apart from being injury free unlike the ‘old Michael Owen’. 26 non competitive games, av rating 7.04.

Fred Brookes

Nothing too either from Brookes apart from confusing poor old Sam Allardyce, who called a press conference saying ‘Brookes can learn from Brookes’!

Tyler Burrows

Joint highest valued player at £5.75 million, although only one sub appearance in a cup. Did stub his toe and bruise his head, although not at the same time. Now broken his leg, d’oh. Oh and 3 caps for Andorra, no goals.

Martien Oak

One cup game for Chelsea so far, but how long will he stay at a club, as Gus Hiddink has decided to let Nicholas Anelka tutor him!

Ricky Nakano

18 non competitive games, 7 goals, has been capped at U19 level, maybe going to choose them over Canada. Likes Tim Howard.

Saul Goode

One sub appearance, not much else. The young Welsh lad strained his groin, don’t know how many sheep there are in Fulham, so might be football related :p

Liam Ferguson

One game, one sub appearance, rating of 6.10. Could have a fight on his hand to be the real ‘new Michael Owen’ with Michael Payne, in the lead as he has had a thigh strain.

Hermano Brother

One sub league appearance for Liverpool, one cup game, no goals yet, then again he is learning from Dirk Kuyt. Capped at U19 for Spain.

Pablo Gonzlez

Waiting for his chance with Spain before choosing to play for Mexico, must be drinking San Miguel and Tequila whilst waiting with only a handful of 18 games.

Thomas Weir

One U21 cap, and one sub appearance for Man U in the league and Europe. Honoured to be at the same club as Rio Ferdinand.

Owen Meek

A good choice playing for Boro with their policy of playing young England players, played 9, 3 sub appearances, 4 goals. 3 cup games, one goal with an average rating of 7.17. Currently learning from Alfonso Alves in how not to look Brazilian.

Robert Blowcrapup

The best named player isn’t having the best start to his career. 15 U18 games with an average rating of 6.63. Similar type of player to Obafemi Martins, which might not be a good thing if you play alongside Obefemi Martins.

Arthur White

Not much to say here, apart from he thinks Crouch is a talented dancer, errr player.

Mr Bojangles

20 games for Stoke U18s, 11 goals, 7 assist, 6 MoMs, yet somehow he is by far the least valued player at £60,000. Maybe someone could snap him up, then again he does think Dave Kitson is a talented player.

Jack Browne

Toiling away learning his trade, 10 non competitive games, 9 goals. 4 international caps for San Marino, with one goal, scoring a penalty against Petr Cech playing for the Czech Republic, his goal scoring bonus was paid by cheque. Bad joke. Check.

Hermano Brother

One cup game played, one sub appearance in the league and Europe, no goals as yet. Currently learning from Dirk Kuyt, so I guess he has nice hair.

Loic Philppens

This wonderkid burst into the first team with West Brom, his 4 goals and 1 assist in 16 league games helping them to 14th in the league. 4 games and 2 goals in the cup, helping them into the 5th round of the FA Cup. Played for Belgium against Luxemburg on his debut scoring twice. Surely Ishmael Miller should be learning from his rather than the other way round.

Cristobal Blanco

Only the one league game, but one goal in one cup game against QPR from the spot. Could be choosing England over Peru with his U19 cap.

Josic Spoljaric

Not much either for Josic, a handful of U19 games, and a fairly poor average. Currently learning from Hugo Rodallega, perhaps learning who Hugo Rodallrga is.

Bob McBob

Two league games, one goal against Middlesborough. Learning from Abebayor. Holds the record for the youngest ever Premiership player.

I'm just waiting for someone to headbutt Ronaldo and get sent off, I think he'd be safe for a few seasons!

Half a season to make friends and influence people before our grand vote.

Well half a season gone, and our young strikers are just finding their way in the world.

Fred Brookes

Nothing too either from Brookes apart from confusing poor old Sam Allardyce, who called a press conference saying ‘Brookes can learn from Brookes’!

Half a season to make friends and influence people before our grand vote.

I should stay in just for the amusement factor :D

Chimpos did I play any non competitive? Also are you putting up screen shots of our players? No worries if not just wondered

Nice report, KUTGW :thup:

how come Haowan Madridstas wasn't mentioned?

My bad sorry,

[bHaowan Madridstas[/b]

15 games, 11 goals for the U18s. Worth £3.5M, and in the U19 for the Spain squad. Not much else, although with a few Tottenham strikers being chased by other clubs, maybe you could be in the first team before you know it.

Chimpos did I play any non competitive? Also are you putting up screen shots of our players? No worries if not just wondered

Screenshots of each player should come at the end of the season, although I've not done it before, but shouldn't be too hard right ...

Non competative games. 16 apps (2 as sub) 5 goals.

What a start...very impressed with my performances so far. Im wondering how the youthful looking boro are doing? Pleaseeee keep me on..not for any amusement factor but purely because ive actually made a bit of a statement so far.

Excellent stff KUTGW

Screenshots of each player should come at the end of the season, although I've not done it before, but shouldn't be too hard right ...

Non competative games. 16 apps (2 as sub) 5 goals.

Many thanks Chimpos :thup:

Good start mate glad to see my player enjoying playing (and maybe dancing) with Crouchy :)

Can i suggest that people do PM you the votes as that will keep it more secret, building the suspense otherwise everyone would know who has gone out before you announce it. You could announce with your result who voted for who if you want people to know who has been voting for each other

Ricky Nakano

18 non competitive games, 7 goals, has been capped at U19 level, maybe going to choose them over Canada. Likes Tim Howard.

Not too bad with Everton. C'mon Nakano, you have to lead Canada to international glory!!! :p

KUTGW :thup:

Can i suggest that people do PM you the votes as that will keep it more secret, building the suspense otherwise everyone would know who has gone out before you announce it. You could announce with your result who voted for who if you want people to know who has been voting for each other

Yeh i agree with this, good bit of suspense should spice this up!

Martien Oak

One cup game for Chelsea so far, but how long will he stay at a club, as Gus Hiddink has decided to let Nicholas Anelka tutor him!

I knew picking Chelsea would make things difficult.....but let's see how his career will flourish under the wings of Nicholas Anelka! Maybe switching clubs every year will do the trick

Guys, sorry about the lack of update, should be smoother going forward!

Well the season has ended and the first vote has begun.

Bob McBob

A good season for McBob, 35 non competitive appearances and 21 goals in non competitive and one goal in two league appearances set McBob. Made a breakthrough for France gaining an U21 cap.

Michael Payne

Yet to break into the first team and still with the U18s. Still not living up to his ‘new Michael Owen tag as he has been injury free all season.

Fred Brookes

Again not able to make it into the first team and still with the U18s, but these strikers are sure to flourish. Gained a little from Benni McCarthy although of what we don’t know.

Tyler Burrows

Made one appearance in the cup for Bolton, but his international career has started for Andorra, playing four games, but no goals yet. Was hampered by a broken leg in mid-November, but seems to have recovered.

Martien Oak

One league and one cup appearance, and a sub appearance in Europe, in the semi finals of the Champions league. Martien Oak is the one of the only players to be in the first team squad of all our signups, and that’s not bad as he plays for Chelsea. 4 U21 caps for Holland.

Ricky Nakano

Plugging away in the Everton U18s, although for how long as he is valued at £5,5 M, could look to profit from Jo’s loan ending.

Saul Goode

Playing for the U18s at Fulham, although made a very brief first team appearance, but not on long enough to get a rating. At 6’2 at 13.3lb could be a literal ‘powerhouse’ in the future.

Liam Ferguson

One appearance and one sub appearance in the league was not good enough to save Hull from relegation. Still it could be a blessing for his career as he might be promoted from U18s. Leading his personal battle with Michael Payne to be the ‘new Michael Owen’ with four injuries in a season.

Hermano Brother

Moved up to the reserves, although that is rather a large reserve squad of Liverpools. One cup game and a sub appearance in the league and cup.

Pablo Gonzlez

Playing for Man City U18s, but a non-competitive av. rating of 7.02 is not bad for a debut season. Still waiting for Spain to offer him some International action over Mexico.

Thomas Weir

Has moved up to the reserves of Man U, after an impressive 18 goals in 31 non competitive games. Only a brief flirtation with the full team so far. No Federico Macheda impact unfortunately.

Owen Meek

Unable to make the most of breaking into the ‘Boro first team, 14 appearences, 4 as sub has produced 4 goals, now a reserve regular, although a good pre season may change that. 4 U21 England caps is very positive.

Robert Blowcrapup

In the Newcastle reserves but a disappointing 5 goals from 18 appearences in non competitive games is not great for Blowcrapup. Still only 17, he’s still learning.

Arthur White

Still with the Portsmouth U18s, but 14 goals in 25 games is a good strike rate at any level. A rating of 7.22 for the last five games, lets hope he can take that form forward into the new season.

Mr Bojangles

25 games and 5 sub non competitive appearances for Stoke, 14 goals, 9 assists, 7 MoMs only 4 yellow cars and a rating of 7.22, yet somehow he’s still with the U18s and worth by far the lowest at £12k. A good scout could pick up a bargain here.

Jack Browne

Three month long injuries have hampered Brownes career so far. An amazing 12 goals in 13 non competitive games and an international goal in the 6(2) games for San Marino. 6’4 and 14st a real nightmare for defenders.

Haowan Madridstas

Moved up to the reserves after a cracking 18 goals in 23 non competitive games with a rating of 7.51. Can’t be long before pushing for a first team place. I think everyone shares his happiness that Kiko Fernenia is the new Spanish U20’s captain, we had a street party about that!

Loic Philppens

A real West Brom regular helping guide them to 15th and safety with 9 goals in 28 league games and finishing as West Broms top goalscorer, highest rating and most MoMs. His 35 second goal is also the fastest they have scored. An amazing debut season was also made better by 6 goals in 6 games for Belgium.

Cristobal Blanco

Made one league game for West Ham, but also one good cup game, with a goal and a rating of 7.80. Still with the U18s, but surely not for long (not just because he’ll be over 18). Blanco will want more appearances next season.

Josic Spoljaric

Made it to the reserves, but a very poor season. 21 non competitive games, 4 goals and an average rating of 6.50 wasn’t too good. 3 U21 caps for Croatia is a highlight, though, maybe a late starting. Maybe never fully recovered mentally from stubbing his toe at the end of September!

Screenshots of players

I’m quite lazy and while there are many people to show a screenie of I have placed the link to the album in photobucket. There is also a screenie of the final Premiership standings of the season!

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c316/Phillew/FMSS/?start=0

Voting

Voting is now open, please PM (by popular request) me your vote. Voting will be stopped and calculated Wednesday at 9:00 GMT. Good luck.

Remember, you can still vote even if you are not in the signup.

Done pretty well in the U18s hopefully i will move onwards and upwards :thup:

Thanks for using my idea of making everyone PM their vote to you, i just think it makes it more secret and the suspense will build

Yes it was a good one, and seemed to be popular.

I'm quick and I can finish, quite chuffed with my U18's season but a bit frustrated that there was no first team action at all.

I will cast my vote tonight after giving it due consideration.

Great stuff Chimpo!

Archived