Editor Poll

How do use the Editor?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How do use the Editor?

• Editor?? There is an Editor on FM?
    • Iv'e Heard of it but I don't use the Editor
    • I use the Editor but only for real life purposes
    • I use the Editor for everything and anything I feel like!

This is a poll to see how many FM users have heard of the editor and if so do you use it?

Also has anyone really messed things up in the editor

EG: Kaka moves to Norwich or renaming Manchester United to Cats United or somthing stupid like that:rolleyes:

please feel free to comment and to discuss

Thanks

Saxonaitor:D (This is my 3rd thread in 3 days!):D

Edit: Sorry about some of the spelling mistakes!

You're a bit too in love with your polls mate!

I voted the last one - I've got into the habit of starting games in the editor by creating a fictitious club (my university usually). Sometimes I populate it with good players and start off high (CC Championship at the moment) and other times Lower League with rubbish players etc. I haven't managed a 'real' club for perhaps 9 months now. The rest I keep realistic, perhaps updating some real-life moves.

I know it's not to everyone's taste but I set my own challenge level and enjoy myself. I love the editor!!

I use it to add realism (i.e. my young goalkeeper single-handedly saved Villarreal from relegation twice while on loan, so I added him as favoured personnel to Villarreal; random second nationalities to some of my young players, like Italian/Spanish; etc.) or to mess around when I get bored.

I've edited (using FMRTE, specifically) my staff to the highest levels so I can get my head round the training and team talks and so forth, but not edited any players yet. Might have a muck-about game where I give a lower league team loads of superstars or something.

I use it when I've got bored with the game or want to do something "different".

Recently I gave every Prem and Championship club a £2billion balance, £200million transfer kitties, plus £2million wage bills. It was okay, but teams like Hull kept paying £5million for crappy French players and Fulham bought some mediocre chaps for £10-15million. The big teams bought the same players as usual, and only Everton and Villa bought sensibly - Diego, Moutinho, that sort of thing.

Also did an edit that gave Hednesford Town and Leeds United a £2billion balance but Hednesford are not even in the BSS, so not technically visible in the game, but was interested to see if it had any effect on them coming up. Also wondered how long it would take for a club like Leeds to get back to the top. Haven't completed a season on that save yet so I can't tell you.

If I start a new regular game I might put Shearer into the Newcastle job with 12-15 in key areas. Or 20s everywhere, depending how I feel.

Archived