BEST Leagues to Load for Conference side on FM08? Boliva and...?

Anyone remember which leagues were the best for playing FM08?

I know Bolivia has some great players...but what leagues are the best to load up for a Conference side?

Also if you guys are mentioning South American leagues...(Bolivia etc..) Is it likely that i will get work permits for these players if i am playing as Oxford or Rushden in the Blue Square Premier league?

It depends on the type of player's you are after.

I find the Scandinavian leagues useful due to a lot of players being physically able to come play in England, although I don't do much LLM myself.

Well looking at the Bolivian players - I was very impressed...But will i get permits even though my assistant has filtered these as REALISTIC targets in my shortlist?

The types of players i want are the pacey ones but also with reasonable technical/mental attributes.

Haven't seen so many in Scandinavia. Do you remember any countries in particular which were good?

(I loaded the Swedish league recently but didnt hardly see any good players)

Venezuela and Colombia have some pretty good players as i have two from each in my team and a peruvian but i am playing in finland so they dont need work permits, but i can only have three of them in my matchday squad.

Anyone remember which leagues were the best for playing FM08?

I know Bolivia has some great players...but what leagues are the best to load up for a Conference side?

Also if you guys are mentioning South American leagues...(Bolivia etc..) Is it likely that i will get work permits for these players if i am playing as Oxford or Rushden in the Blue Square Premier league?

I'd be surprised if you can get any non-EU players, in fact.

Load up the whole of the United Kingdom and Ireland, because it's easy to get scouting knowledge for them even at lower levels.

I'd be surprised if you can get any non-EU players, in fact.

Load up the whole of the United Kingdom and Ireland, because it's easy to get scouting knowledge for them even at lower levels.

Wow..thats a shame as Bolivia have some great players i.e. especially players like Tordoya and Rebosio...and Arce from Orient Petroleo (or something like that)

Ok, so maybe its best just to play with a large database and see what comes up.

Any other ideas would be welcome :)

Not really I was in league 2 and had all Romanian players loaded, I checked through some Romanian teams and found some great regens int he 2nd season. Might not help you to start with though lol.

Not really I was in league 2 and had all Romanian players loaded, I checked through some Romanian teams and found some great regens int he 2nd season. Might not help you to start with though lol.

Ahh that would be why then. I haven't got into my second season yet.

But then i guess the higher the league you are in the more likely you are to get a work permit for non-eu players....is that right?

I'm currently managing Shrewsbury and I loaded France, Spain, Italy and Germany.

France has been particularly useful because it has got a few dozen amateur clubs who largely have got very good players that can be picked up for no transfer fees and small contracts.

Spain and Italy are good because not only can you pick up all of the players in their leagues (although IMO Italian lower league players are generally poor), you can pick up hundreds of South American players with Spanish/Italian second nationalities.

And I loaded Germany becuase of its massive amount of amatuer/semi-pro sides. but I've not really looked there yet so I can't comment.

One major problem I found was that other teams pick up these players too, so there has been a huge influx of foreigners (espicially in League 2 and the Blue Square Premier), so now a lot of teams have got eight or nine French players in their starting eleven.

I'm currently managing Shrewsbury and I loaded France, Spain, Italy and Germany.

France has been particularly useful because it has got a few dozen amateur clubs who largely have got very good players that can be picked up for no transfer fees and small contracts.

Spain and Italy are good because not only can you pick up all of the players in their leagues (although IMO Italian lower league players are generally poor), you can pick up hundreds of South American players with Spanish/Italian second nationalities.

And I loaded Germany becuase of its massive amount of amatuer/semi-pro sides. but I've not really looked there yet so I can't comment.

One major problem I found was that other teams pick up these players too, so there has been a huge influx of foreigners (espicially in League 2 and the Blue Square Premier), so now a lot of teams have got eight or nine French players in their starting eleven.

Well i have decided to play with a large database + loading all players from 18 nations (i.e. all the ones mentioned here plus some more)

Im only playing with English leagues loaded.

I just hope the game doesnt corrupt or start processing real slow. I have 2GB Ram and 500 GB HD and 2.0 Mhz Processor (Pentium 4).

Well i have decided to play with a large database + loading all players from 18 nations (i.e. all the ones mentioned here plus some more)

Im only playing with English leagues loaded.

I just hope the game doesnt corrupt or start processing real slow. I have 2GB Ram and 500 GB HD and 2.0 Mhz Processor (Pentium 4).

I meant to put loaded all players from rather than loaded the league. Good luck with your game though.

I meant to put loaded all players from rather than loaded the league. Good luck with your game though.

Yep that is what i did mate - i loaded players only from 18 nations - not the leagues. I only have English leagues loaded.

The Kreman - I have got Peru's players loaded within those 18 aswell mate

Archived