Multi-monitor support?

There's many situations in FM where one has to cycle between multiple screens to find the desired information. It would be helpful if one could "pop out" the currently viewed screen to it's own window. This new window could be moved, resized and closed. For example you could "pop out" the fixture list and move it to an another monitor. Then you could continue to your squad selection and decide the players for the new few games without having to click back and forth between the screens.

What I mean with pop out is similar to Gmail's way of handling chats. In standard mode the chat window is locked to the right bottom part of your browser. But if you click "pop out", the chat is opened into a new window which you can move around freely.

When viewing matches, you could pop out for example player ratings, stats etc. to own windows and then move them where ever you want. Imagine a situation where you're watching the game on your main monitor and your another monitor is filled with data related to the match.

• 3 years later...

Imagine comparing two players side by side, in their normal information pages. Does this seem too useful to you? It does to me. Comparing your whole team to another team? This also sounds good. Would a real manager compare each player side by side on paper or a computer? I think so.

No, it is not possible. Someday some big-shot at SI games will implement the 50 lines of code to do this. Then his boss will fire him. Then they will make sure that code never makes it into the game.

This is how software "design" works. Make sure one guy picks how everything in the world works.

Creativity is Satan, unless it is the designer's own.

Its a good idea. Its the same idea(kind of an extention) as having tabs in the game like a browser. Say you could scroll wheel click a link(eg a player) and it will open that player in a seperate tab. Would be cool but it does sound difficult to implement. Unless SI somehow made the game browser based, and point to your C drive where the game files are installed...

Dual monitor support would be brilliant, so many uses! I can't see it happening though as it would require a full reworking of the GUI. I'd also expect tabs to be the next logical step.

Dual monitor would not require a rework of the gui. just have two seperate guis, two running exe's or two running viewports to the same exe, with certain buttons linked like continue while all other buttons are local to that viewport only.

I agree mbarbaric, it is possible, but you have to jump through hoops to make it work, you need two machines, or virtual machines to override the multi client restrictions, also SI games wont let you log into the same manager from two computers. If they fix these two things, multiscreening will be very doable.

This is what you guys are missing, and what SI Games makes me jump through many many hoops to get, like running a virtual machine. The game works quite well with two monitors, and there is little that would need to be changed to allow multi monitor, single computer, single user access.

QnAYB.jpg

By the way, I'm Tootin.

I can get multiple camera angles, and tactical pages up at the same time, no switching back and forth. :)

It would make the last day of the season even better, I could look at my games statistics, the live scores and the table :D

Would be a really really good and worthwhile feature, especially if it is already possible, hopefully it wouldn't be too much work to make it easier to do.

Archived