What ecxatly is hard training good for?

I use it for pre season training, and my pre season training usually lasts 3 weeks. If you make it last longer you will most probably face injuries.

The only position where it can be used during regular season without big issues is goalkeeper.

Hope it helps

My training is very heavy, everyone improves, there has been a few injuries but no more than 2 months. I get alot of niggles, and one player has dropped from 7 star potential to 5 star at the age of 19, but he had 2 injuries in a row at the end of the season.

So har training does improve the player stats?

I made an post before and got told that i didn't make any differance.

I've been told that hard training Doensn't improve a players development, and since we all know har training does increase the ammount of injuries to players.

So , without any guiessing , please anoyone that knows , tell me whats hard training good for?

as with most questions the answer is 'it depends'.

if you try and max everything out to 'hard' training then you will get injuries.

if you set a few sections of training on hard and the others sufficiently lower then things will be OK. personally i set up my training regimes for positions.

and then set the training sections relevant to that position to a notch below hard. the sections that aren't so relevant are set quite a bit lower.

i have hardly any injuries and the players that can improve do so quite well.

While we're on this subject, has anyone noticed any attributes for any of their players go up considerably? I think I maybe noticed finishing (as an example) maybe go from 12 to 13 for someone over a couple of years, maybe but nothing that ground-breaking.

As has been said above, Hard training can be useful in getting players back up to full fitness in pre-season.

So are you saying during pre-season i should have my players all training Hard as opposed to balanced?

For example. I start a game in June. The season doesnt kick off for a number of weeks. The only games are friendlies. During this period, would having my players train hard help them recover quicker from friendlies and get their conditioning upto 100%?

So are you saying during pre-season i should have my players all training Hard as opposed to balanced?

For example. I start a game in June. The season doesnt kick off for a number of weeks. The only games are friendlies. During this period, would having my players train hard help them recover quicker from friendlies and get their conditioning upto 100%?

Yes, hard training (focus on strength/aerobic) will get them up to good condition for the start of the season. Injuries are a risk however; make sure in friendlies you don't overwork the players as they gain fitness. I always change the outfield 10 at half-time with 10 substitutes for the first friendlies.

While we're on this subject, has anyone noticed any attributes for any of their players go up considerably? I think I maybe noticed finishing (as an example) maybe go from 12 to 13 for someone over a couple of years, maybe but nothing that ground-breaking.

I have several players that have significantly increased in certain attributes over the course of 12 to 16 months but the actual extent of any single attribute increase depends on how close a player is to his PA level and what the training distribution and other distributional factors are at.

If you use a highly non-specific training schedule then instead of seeing large increases in small numbers of attributes you will see small increases in large numbers of attributes.

If your players are rarely improving at all then it is very likely that they are close to their PA level where the influence of "natural development" to use a generic term is at its lowest and other factors influencing CA gain such as match experience and consistently high ratings against high quality opposition are at their highest, meaning you need to push these players to increase their performance levels to attain even minor increases in their ability or indeed to prevent their decline.

The benefits of hard training are twofold. First it increases a players fitness but it also reduces his rate of recovering condition. The fitter a player the faster he recovers his condition. Secondly it increases the rate at which ability is redistributed amongst the attributes in training. The negatives to hard training is that it can significantly negatively impact the rate of recovery of condition on a match by match basis which can lead to injuries, and high levels of physical training over a long period of time can also increase a players injury-proneness.

Yes, hard training (focus on strength/aerobic) will get them up to good condition for the start of the season. Injuries are a risk however; make sure in friendlies you don't overwork the players as they gain fitness. I always change the outfield 10 at half-time with 10 substitutes for the first friendlies.

Hmm,

I will have to give my players a harder life in training...see if they get up over the 94-97% mark during pre-season.

Yeah, during the pre-season, everyone gets a run out and no one (perhaps a GK only) will play 90mins

how much friendlies do you guys organise (per week). I used to get my assman to do it but then i found out how to set them myself :D also, my assman used to set like 1 every three days and i used to have to bring in reserves and U18s because everyone was tired.

I usually aim for a friendly every 5 days, and the last friendly 7 days before my first match of the season.

I also use the standard pre-season training for the first month that all my players are back, before switching to a system similar to postal postie's, specific for each position with them all 1 notch before heavy training. Then around the end of January (for the English leagues), I bring it down to medium.

For friendlies, I tend to have 7-8 of them every 3-4 days and 6 days away from the first official match of the season. Why 6 instead of 7? It's just a feeling that I don't want my players to not play for 1 whole week. 6 days seemed to be just right :p

Archived