I thought the threat of Arsenal had been reduced

I thought the threat of Arsenal had been reduced in the last patch.

I don't normally play in England but I created a British league. Anyway Arsenal are dominating everyone in Europe never mind Britain. The latest game against them I lost 7-2 despite 57% possession, superior passing, same number of shots but 6 CCC to their 2. Actually watching the game I have far better chances than them all the way through.

I now know what you have all been talking about for months. It's farcical. 3 years into the game and Arsenal are set to win the league and CL again for the third time in a row. I'm the Rangers manager, I have a world class player in every position but I just can't stop them.

Is the game designed by Arsenal fans?

As has been explained before, there's no specific bias towards Arsenal. It's just that the match engine suits their style of play. This makes it very hard to combat them. I was under the impression their effectiveness had been reduced with the latest patch, but I haven't played enough since then to be able to tell.

I'm in my 5th season on a tottenham save. Arsenal have won the league every year and completed the double/treble a few times. After finishing 2nd last yr i'm on 34 pts from 12 games this season, level with Arsenal. They are unbeaten in the league for over 40 games. My vague recollection was that their last defeat came after they had won the title the season before last!

Any advice on 'unsettling' them a bit? I haven't used the interaction stuff much, as it seems to backfire, but has anyone had any luck with mind games or the like?

They have their own Football Manager special edition released, so maybe its rigged. *DUN DUN DUN!!!*

Doh!!!

I know i shouldn't of brought the "Arsenal fans only cause we win everything edition"

$80 bucks gone

lol:D

I thought the threat of Arsenal had been reduced in the last patch.

I don't normally play in England but I created a British league. Anyway Arsenal are dominating everyone in Europe never mind Britain. The latest game against them I lost 7-2 despite 57% possession, superior passing, same number of shots but 6 CCC to their 2. Actually watching the game I have far better chances than them all the way through.

I now know what you have all been talking about for months. It's farcical. 3 years into the game and Arsenal are set to win the league and CL again for the third time in a row. I'm the Rangers manager, I have a world class player in every position but I just can't stop them.

Is the game designed by Arsenal fans?

Than the AI has completely and utterly out-classed you, despite having inferior possession and inferior passing quality, they have have scored from harder chances.

Arsenal have been "butchered" in 9.03, every player has been toned down, you won't find 1 player with an increase in any stat or PA, just about everyone has been decreased.

I'm in my 5th season on a tottenham save. Arsenal have won the league every year and completed the double/treble a few times. After finishing 2nd last yr i'm on 34 pts from 12 games this season, level with Arsenal. They are unbeaten in the league for over 40 games. My vague recollection was that their last defeat came after they had won the title the season before last!

Any advice on 'unsettling' them a bit? I haven't used the interaction stuff much, as it seems to backfire, but has anyone had any luck with mind games or the like?

I managed to beat them 3-2 in the League Cup semi-finals by praising them and saying it would be hard for my team to beat them.

I was 2-0 down at half-time despite dominating, but managed to claw it back and win in extra-time.

It's nice to know they have been toned down in 9.3.0 as in my Villa save on 9.2.0 (saved game updated with latest patch) i'm into my 7th season and I have an absolutely appauling record against them. I can't recall exactly as I'm at work but out of 16-18 games against them I think I might have won 3 at most :(

So there is hope if I start a new game on 9.3.0 :D YIPEE!

Actually, that screenshot did remind me of something strange I only noticed in the second leg of my games against Arsenal, it was in 2013 and they had signed Steven Gerrard for £14.25 million earlier that year:confused: At 33 yrs old I could understand Liverpool accepting a deal for that much money for him, but I very much doubt he'd agree to sign for Arsenal.

I only noticed because he got sent off against us.:)

I've went back to my updated 9.1.0 save recently and I can say that Arsenal have definently been toned down, i'm in 2014 and i've still not won the league yet. They just won the League and Champions League in my other game but they are far from unbeatable on 9.3.0.

I'm in 2016 (9.0.3), Arsenal have won the EPL 5 times during the last 7 years, while the current season they're already 11 ponts ahead after 24 games. On every season they've won with 10 or more points difference, reaching perfection during the 14/15 season, when the difference was 25(!!) points (98 to Fulham's 73). They're also 2 times league cup, 2 times FA cup and once CL winners (winning these trophies seem pretty realistic, to be fair). It seems that in my game they are obviously over-overated.

There were significant measures taken to reduce the playing strength of Arsenal for 9.3.0. They may still be slightly overrated in this patch, but it is a definite improvement and seems to have sorted this issue for a lot of users.

Is the problem that they are overrated stat wise, or that their style of football suits the match engine? I've always thought the latter, but would appriciate an answer if you know. :thup:

Arsenal are not as dominating on the new patch as they once were. I am in 2018 on a game started on patch 9.2 so there players started with the high PAs and CAs. I have won the league for the last 4 season and last season I knocked them out of the FA Cup, League Cup and Champions league. Once you get into the future your own team becomes too good for them to handle I just beat them 5-1 in the community shield aswell.

I find that Man Utd are harder to beat on the new patch than Arsenal.

I'm Leverkusen so I don't play against them a lot, but I noticed that they won the EPL in the current season (2009-2010) and finished with 100 points. They started out the season with 18 wins from 18 games.

I also had the misfortune of having them in my CL group (along with Juventus and Dinamo Kiev ugh) and they raped the hell out of me twice. Keep in mind that my team is good enough to draw twice with Juventus in said group and beat out Bayern for Bundesliga two years in a row. In the games vs Arsenal, Adler was superb both games so I only lost like 4-0 in both but it could and should have been worse.

Yea, I think there are still some issues to work out with Arsenal.

To me it doesn't make much sense complaining about how arsenal perform in 2013-20??, or any other team for that matter, every team in the league has probably chanced quite a lot by then, squads get better by players bought/youth players growing.

Archived