Worst debut

07-08 at Sunderland Craig Gordon's first league game was away at Man U and we lost 3-0 fair enough I didn't sign him but was worth a mention.

Also bought a Left back that season as well and in his first game home to Newcastle he got sent off 7 minutes after coming on as a sub but broke Michael Owen's leg and Obafemi Martins had been sold so Newcastle had to play about half a season with only Viduka and Ameobi upfront which ment they rarely scored and they only just avoided relegation at 16th which as a Sunderland fan pleased me no end so I gave the guy a pay rise icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Flux Capacitor:

Jonathan Woodgate's debut for Reeal Madrid will take some beating </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought that when I saw the topic title. My worst, although not for me, was when my new defender managed to give Man U's star striker a broken leg fifteen minutes into his first game. He was out for six months and they ended up getting relegated.

Just played a cup match at home to Charlton (am Exeter) and due to a shortage of fit right-backs I gave a debut to new signing David Coyne.

He had a nightmare and I had to take him off during the first half as Luke Varney was running rings around him - he got a 4 which is the lowest rating any of my players has ever had icon_frown.gif

I remember starting a new game with Barcelona in FM07, I bought Buffon for something like 29.5 million pounds.

His debut game was against Sevilla in the spanish super cup - and he conceded his first goal within 2 minutes and was injured in the 6th minute. I was down 4-0 at half time, but Ronaldinho scored a hattrick in the second half to make the scoreline look respectable.

I can't pick a single player because of my own perfromance.

I took charge of FC Groningen & was full of hope I could get them promoted. I quickly changed my mind after we got battered 8-0 at home on the opening day of the opening, I quit a few days later in disgrace.

the worst debut for me was when i put my right back in goal. it didn't really click till i was 2-0 down in the 1st 10 minutes. after a few changes and a big sigh of 'phew' 2-2 was the final score. the media asked what i thought of his preformance and i was pleased to of signed him and he seemed to be happy with that.

once signed rooney for chelsea for £70m + glen johnson, had the cash to splash and the chairman demanded stars, broke his leg a minute after kick off and was out for about a year. icon_rolleyes.gif

henrik larsson scored an own goal on his debut for Celtic.

but my wort debut has to be the keeper that let in 3 goals, got a knock and then complained after the game that i was angry in the changing room.

he was sold off in the jan transfer window, after a dismal run of results.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bullion1:

but my wort debut has to be the keeper that let in 3 goals, got a knock and then complained after the game that i was angry in the changing room.

he was sold off in the jan transfer window, after a dismal run of results. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, no he didn't. He misplaced a place which Chic Charnley riffled in a late winner from.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t_i_n_o2001:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bullion1:

he was sold off in the jan transfer window, after a dismal run of results. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, no he didn't. He misplaced a place which Chic Charnley riffled in a late winner from. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bah, my bad, i knew it was something along those lines though.

The Scene:CM02/03 Hotseat game 3 seasons in i bought niemi first season when i was newcastle as back up hes awesome clean sheets here there and everywhere anyway forward to 3rd season i sign a mint youngster so sell him to my m8 whos everton(managing to keep them up and not selling rooney lol) so i give him niemi cos im nice what happens i hear you ask well niemi debuts fo everton against tottenham who wallop everton 9-1 and niemi gets a 1 when he is took off after the 8th goes in for his supposedly **** keeper thats a debut for ya

Switching my computer on and browsing to this thread... it makes great reading! If there's ever a contender for a Christmas stocking book, it's 1001 FM foul-ups.

What a sorry catalogue of calamity, incompetence and misfortune in the opening minutes of games in these parallel FM universes...

The things we put ourselves through for this game...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Norville Rodgers:

Finally secured the illustrious signature of Michael Owen who, true to form, made an impact in his debut by breaking his leg. Spent £8m (or whatever it was), lost him for 6 months. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most realistic thing I've ever seen in FM...

Another of my cursed young keepers.

Playing as QPR, I noticed that my feeder club Gillingham were about to play Hereford or someone in the play-offs to win promotion to League Two. But both their keepers were injured for a month or more.

So I figured my third choice keeper could get some experience and hopefully send them up. He joined just in time.

In the first leg he conceded 5 and got a match rating of 4. In the second, he let in another 3 and got rated at 5. They would've been better off just playing one of the grey players.

Archived