Europa League

Just wondering if the UEFA Cup changes to the Europa League in the game after the first season like it will do in real life? I doubt it will but thought i'd ask.

I'm currently playing as Deportivo and if (a BIG if!) I get into Europe just wondering what competition i'll be playing in, thanks.

the format changes? to what? I thought it was simply the UEFA cup getting a name change?

The format changes to what it'll be in real life next season, not the name like arsenal_2111 said. It's still called the EURO Cup due to licensing issues.

The format changes to what it'll be in real life next season, not the name like arsenal_2111 said. It's still called the EURO Cup due to licensing issues.

Aye, what i mean is, in reall life, i thought it was just changing from UEFA Cup to Europa League? I didnt actually realise that the format was changing too!

Aye, what i mean is, in reall life, i thought it was just changing from UEFA Cup to Europa League? I didnt actually realise that the format was changing too!

Yeah they're restructuring it in order to try and pump some life back into it, interest has dropped in it the last couple of years.

UEFA Europa League:

First Qualifying Round of 50 Teams

Second Qualifying Round of 25 Teams from the First Qualifying Round and 55 other teams, total of 80 Teams

Third Qualifying Round of 40 Teams from the Second Qualifying Round and 30 other teams, total of 70 Teams

Playoff Round (where all teams who are going to participate in the tournament) consists of 35 Winners of the Third Qualifying Round, 15 Losers of UEFA Champions league Third Round Qualifying Round, and 24 Teams

Group Stage of Defending Champions, 10 Losers from the UEFA Champions League play off round, 37 winners of the UEFA Europa League play off round. Groups consists of 4 teams, and a total of 12 groups.

then the usual knockout rounds

Source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Europa_League_2009–10

and does anyone know what the prize money is for the europa league,in terms of victory or progression through the rounds?

Also,will the Intertoto cup disappear in the game?

Thanks

Yes, the Intertoto Cup is no more.

No idea about prize money though.

Archived