Possibly the Best 6 minutes of my FM Life!

Now some people may remeber my overrated arsenal thread where they managed to only score three against my Southport team who were at that stage in the BSN :confused:

Well I have been continuing with that save and have now made it (with some help from a tycoon:D) to the championship.

Ive just read this thread and felt like I wanted to share with the community the best six minutes of my FM life.

Its the FA Cup fourth round from last season my L1 Southport side make the 4th round again and we draw Chelsea :eek: at Haig Ave. Now Im expecting a pasting similar to my 3-0 defeat to Arsenal but instead its

Overview

Stats

I swear to god allthose shots only came in the last 10 minutes as well. I honestly thought we could win it as well when shot bounced off the cross bar in the 92nd minute.:mad:

I cant provide screen shots of the team as Im in work but I promise it was a full strength squad they put out

Needless to say we lost 4-0 at the bridge

Fixed it now Chopper

Nice result there Huw.

Your 'this thread' link isn't working by the way, just takes you to photobucket.

Did you go more attacking in the last 10 mins or something? At least you now get a share of the gate in the reply at Stamford Bridge!

You've just reminded me of a similar match I had my beloved Cambridge ages ago! I was playing with two friends, all on our laptops in the kitchen, one playing as Man Utd and defending his title in the second year, the other struggling as the scum (Peterborough). I'd had two promotions and was in the lower regions of League 1, but also on my first ever cup run past the first round.

Having knocked out Championship Norwich and the scum on the way to the fourth round I felt pretty pleased, then I drew Arsenal! My friend playing as Man Utd was sick of losing to them, so I thought I'd be in for a hiding. I can't click on the match to get an overview or anything but the fixtures are there.

After about 10 minutes I was two down, but got an incredibly lucky goal back just before half time. Told the lads - no pressure (no point getting hopes up eh?). 3-1 down going into the last few minutes Billy Sharp pops up at a corner. All of sudden my friends look round... could I actually do it? Attack after attack falls short, we hit the bar, post, keeper's backside, everything but the net! Arsenal are actually time wasting against me!

Just as I was about to give up, Chris Dickson picks up the ball in his own half. And runs. And runs. Leaving Fabregas for dead he bears down on the keeper and scores the most delightful chip I think I've ever seen. 3-3!

Second leg - same players, same attacking formation, score 3 again, unfortunatly this time conceding 6. A fine effort from the lads :-)

Untitled.jpg

Archived