AC Milan Monetary issues.

Right, it is well documented in the news currently that AC Milan have some money issues, which basically means they are skint.

I always go milan in FM, and this year was no exception. Start of the season i got like 12mil, no biggie, i can get a few decent youngsters for that. Then they gave me a further 20mil for the Jan window....sweet. Then, after finishing 3rd on the league, knocked out the cup and the UEFA cup, at the end of the season, the board offer me 80mil in transfer kitty, THEN about 4 weeks later give me a further 47mil! If milan are meant to be skint, why then am i being given so much bloomin money? I mean, naturally im not complaining but surely this is a bug or something? I dont cheat either! Is it down to sponsorship deals? TV revenue etc?

How recent is this news that AC Milan are skint?

The game is based on what is known (or thought to be known) at the time so if AC Milans poor finances has only come about recently then Si won't have known about it for 09.

Milan have been tight in the transfer market for years, as seen by their repeated signing of older, cheaper players recently, with the general aim to sell shirts. It's long been too easy to make money on FM and build up a huge transfer budget no matter which club you are.

Milan aren't skint, Berlusconi is worth £10bn or so.

They are relatively tight given their wealth, however they still do spend a bit on reinforcements, in the last 12 months they have brought in:

Flamini (free) - big wage

Zambrotta €8.5m

Ronaldinho €21m

Cardaccio €1m

Viudez €500k

Shevchenko (loan) - big wage

Senderos (loan)

Mattioni (loan)

Thiago Silva (€10m)

They have trimmed a few squad players, but the only real notable sale is Gilardino (€14m to Fiorentina).

So they have money....

So howcome the media (particularly Sky Sports and BBC Sports) make it out that Milan have no money? Is this simple propaganda from them to get Chelsea and Man City fans' hopes up that they will sell Kaka, and that the Prem is superior money wise?

I haven't seen any claims from the BBC that Milan are broke. Got any links? Nor from Sky Sports, but they're a broadcast tabloid who will hang a story on the most transparent of rumours, just to fill space and attract viewers. So I don't pay any attention to them.

no-one is suggesting that Milan have "no money" but they havent performed well recently, i dont think they got champ league did they? so that will cripple thier finances, but then if you achieve it then you will get more money from that obv.

in my game it always says Milan are more profitable, due to TV deals etc, and if you build some commercial link feeder clubs then you can make loads of money with any big club.

This is a data issue really, and should ideally be discussed in the relevant thread in the Data Forums. If anyone thinks that Milan have too much or too little money in-game, that'll be the place to bring it up. Ideally with some links to back up what you are claiming too. Cheers.

I almost would'nt bother, the state of the Italian/Milan research is pretty bad, no one seems to be listening to the issues people are bringing up.

Alas after trauling through the Sky Sports new archive i cant locate the part about Milan having no money. There was one recently too, but i cant seem to find them. Ill just pretend then that this new money in Milan is the profitability of sponsorship deals eh?

If think you may have miss understood the article you have read because i have read many articles about how the current economic climate is affecting football clubs and as far as Italian football is concerned they are mainly using AC Milan as an example because they have the highest expenses in the league, player wages etc, many have also said that to counter the problem many of their players have had certain agreements put into their contracts like Kaka has agreed to stop getting a yearly wage rise i think it was. They are far from having no money but they are the italian team who are spending the most money, if things keep up the way they are and Milan fail to get champions league again and again then it wont be long untill theyre in trouble but they arent yet.

When I was managing Inter I got ridiculous amounts of money too. It seemed to be something to do with enormous TV rights deals - are they accurate?

In Italy, TV rights are bargained by the individual clubs, rather than by the division collectively - as in Britain. Therefore the 'big' clubs can attract 'big' deals whilst smaller clubs live off the scraps. In Britain things are spread 'kind of' evenly across the clubs - this just doesn't happen in Italy.

I haven't seen any claims from the BBC that Milan are broke. Got any links? Nor from Sky Sports, but they're a broadcast tabloid who will hang a story on the most transparent of rumours, just to fill space and attract viewers. So I don't pay any attention to them.

Well said, expecially Sky, who seem to drop there pants for any of the big 'Sky 4'. (A'nal, Liverwater, Manure, or Chelki beograd). A lot of the factual stuff you will find from the club publications and the websites or the relevent clubs

Well said, expecially Sky, who seem to drop there pants for any of the big 'Sky 4'. (A'nal, Liverwater, Manure, or Chelki beograd). A lot of the factual stuff you will find from the club publications and the websites or the relevent clubs

Wow, how childish and pathetic.

Wp. :thup:

What about valencia?its been known for years that they are massively in debt yet in the game they are always given decent money??

They have only recently gone into the sort of debt where they will have to start selling their better/best players, and that is due to the cost of building the new stadium, (which for now has stopped), and catastrophic financial mis-management.

Every club in the world is technically in some kind of debt, except the odd case such as Manchester City.

ac milan have the most money in my game. currently worth £1.05billion, god knows how like!!

it's a summary from players values+infrastructure and much more.

Anyhow AC Milan do have money, they paid for Pato, they paid for Thiago Silva. Flamini's contract: it's 4 million or something similar, this means Milan pays (taking care of taxes etc...) something similar of 8 million just for Flamini's contract.

And without any Champions League this year, Milan is still holding Kakà, Ronaldinho and many other big wages.

Archived