Player finds it hard to motivate himself to play for me,what does it mean?

I am having this message reported by my assistant manager about some players.. the year is 2020 ,and there are some players both in my club and national team that are having this issue..i just wish i knew why,so i could fix it.I can't really imagine what the problem is..i do go on holiday a good amount of the season and let the AM take charge of games,to save time.There is also a message i get about my reputation being too low at times..that is strange as my reputation has been at World Class for a long time and i've been winning the league every year save one with real madrid,since the start.Also won the champions league/spanish cup tons of times,and the world cup with spain.

Is there some other sort of reputation that could be influencing this,aside from that as manager? i don't really have the option to go out and get hammered and stuff like that,so i can't really imagine that being the issue.

They mayby dont think you have what it takes?

Differance in personalities?

Why not drop them from the team? Then when your team starts to perform they will see you are capable

The teams are all performing well on all fronts,and the players are too good to drop,specially not knowing what is causing the issue..now i got another one "X is struggling to motivate himself to play for a manager with a reputation so low in the game" - don't know what that means,to be honest..i have the most amount of points in the world hall of fame (again,for a long time,now).

The only guess I would have is that you are going on holiday for a good amount of the season.

i am,didn't realise it was an issue,though..in past fms i didn't have problems with it..i do it just to save time,i always select the team on match day and ask the am to play with the tactics/team selection etc. ..also am has the right motivation/man management stats so he doesn't screw things up..but yeah,ok..too bad,though,it was saving me a lot of time.

Holidaying has nothing to do with it. I never take a holiday and am pretty hands on approach. My rep is World class and the player concerned was only a silly nation rep. I think its one of the many small flaws in the game.

Holidaying has nothing to do with it. I never take a holiday and am pretty hands on approach. My rep is World class and the player concerned was only a silly nation rep. I think its one of the many small flaws in the game.

I wouldn't write it off as a flaw. Some players just don't get on with some managers.

If he's not motivated to play for you OP i doubt he will be performing to the best of his ability. Get rid of him and find someone who wants to play for you.

Archived