Club Reputation

Hey,

I was wondering at which point and by how much reputation increases with time and success in the game. I am currently Marseille in France and, although Benfica have more reputation at the start of the game, one of my younger players keeps saying that he can not turn down the chance to join such an illustrious club.

Bear in mind that this is my 5th year and that I have been to 2 CL semi finals and 1 quarter final (semis the last 2 years). This year I am atop of my group having beaten Inter. Benfica have done nothing in 5 years.

Why would any of my players want to leave for such a club? I think it would be unlikely in real life after such recent success.

I have the same example of my players wanting to leave for teams like Sampdoria, Villa, Villareal etc...I've had more success than all of these and can understand some but not others. Sampdoria and Benfica??

League reputation is static so a lot of club reputations can not raise beyond a certain level no matter how many times you with the Champions league etc. A bad league will always remain a bad league.

Are you saying the portugese league has such a high rep over the french league that a consistent CL performing team from the french league will never be as reputable as one from Portugal that does nothing??? I highly doubt that - Lyon in real life is a good example of this. None of their first teamers would go to Benfica irl- most of them leave for huge clubs only - Madrid, Barca, Chelsea.....

It concerns me more and more that the long-term aspect of this game is so broken. I play FM for this and this only. If I want to play one season I'll play Fifa or Pro Evo and I am pretty sure that I am not the only one who plays this for its longetivity aspect.

IF you think about it, there are some very core aspects that make the long-term game pretty average at best (still the best out there though):

- Transfer system

- Confidence system

- Regen system (very few good goalies later etc.)

- Manager AI (letting go of good youngsters, buying old players, ageing squads etc.)

I seriously hope CM will be a really good game to challenge SI as they are becoming way to corporate in their approach by adding new elements to the game to please SEGA without concentrating on the core first and releasing deadline-hitting games full of bugs. If they want us to beta test (which I am pretty sure many would be happy to do) then release it as a beta and we (the community)will all chip in to ensure a great game on release day.

From what they are saying it will take a LONG time to get the rep up. Which to be honest is not unrealistic. The problem is when you are in leagues where the rep is not as high as the Prem (which has the higest rep in the game).

Archived