What a comeback!!!

That's a damn good comeback.

I just had one of those matches then. I felt my heart sinking as I was staring down the barrell of a massive deficit heading into the Champions League quarter final second leg with my side completely shredded by Barcelona. The biggest issue for me here was dealing with the possibility that I would fail to keep up my champions League winning streak.

I might just write this one as a quick story though:

Holders Derby travel to Barcelona for the first leg of the quater finals. Sammy Gehin, the former Rams target (about 5 years earlier) shows his class slipping past two defenders from Bojans perfect center before slotting it calmly and carefully past the helpless Akinfeev with 17 minutes gone. Gehin is again involved knocking in a great cross perfectly to Bojan who knocks it straight past Akinfeev from just past the penalty spot from the half volley 37 minutes in. Guardado makes it 3 from 30+ yards! Low and hard past Akinfeev after 41 minutes. Derby are in shreads here.

Derby come out all guns blazing after half time, Walcott picking out Guignard perfectly with his cross from the right, Guignard finding the net calmly from 10 yards on the half volley on the 55 minute mark. It's Guignard in the thick of it again picking out Buxton on the edge of the box who beats his man and slots it as cool as you like into the bottom corner, past a helpless Valdes 3 minutes later. With ten minutes on the clock, World Player of the Year Ivan takes it upon himself striking from the top corner of the box, Valdes can only get a hand on it. It's 3-3! 92nd minute, it's Lewis Brazil, what a save by Valdes, corner to Derby! Bundovic heads over, just, from the corner, full time.

Closest match I've had in a while. Let's see how the second leg goes.

CHeers guys :D

As soon as the 4th wen in I was thinking to myself that I'm not gonna be in the prem much longer lol, went in at half time and basically just told them I was disapointed, switched a Striker to a AMC and brought on Commons and the fightback was on :p Went down in history as my highest scoring match too lol

Archived