Can someone explain the fees/additional fees offers please

Hi guys,

So if i make a bid for a player of £250k then add additional fees of £150k over 24 months .... How does it work out?

Do i pay in full the 250k instantly when he signs then over the next 24 months pay an extra £150k in installments (i.e. £6,250 per month)

Or do i pay £150k over 24 months then after that the initial £250k....

I dont quiet get it. Please help.

The 250k is the upfront payment, ie you pay that straight away. The additional fees come out of your balance in installments over the period specified. Note that I said balance, not transfer budget. The money is taken out of your budget straight away, in your case as it is paid over 24 months, half the money will be taken out from the budget and then half again next year

Hope that makes sense?

The 250k is the upfront payment, ie you pay that straight away. The additional fees come out of your balance in installments over the period specified. Note that I said balance, not transfer budget. The money is taken out of your budget straight away, in your case as it is paid over 24 months, half the money will be taken out from the budget and then half again next year

Hope that makes sense?

The first 2 sentences did...lol

In my case...i am buying a player for £250k...and then an extra £150k over 24 months....so after they take the £250k for the player straight away - they will then start deducting £150k over 2 years (24 months) from my balance.....right?

Also i have noticed that the sale value of the player goes up considerably when i do this.

The sale value was originally £60k and now they are asking for 250k plus an exra 150k because i wanted to pay in instalments! Damn man! lol

The first 2 sentences did...lol

In my case...i am buying a player for £250k...and then an extra £150k over 24 months....so after they take the £250k for the player straight away - they will then start deducting £150k over 2 years (24 months) from my balance.....right?

Sorry, I will try to explain it better

The 250k will come out of your balance and your budget straight away. 75k, half the instalments, will come out of your budget at once, but will come out of your balance in the instalments.

Is that any clearer?

• Administrators

Ok then, so lets consider this hypothetical situation:

Manchester United want to sign John Doe but only have a £10M transfer budget. Could one then therefore, go over this? IE:

8 Million up front

4 Million in installments - (2 million comes out of installments, other 2 million comes out of balance)?

So thus, the £10M budget is used, but also allowed to go over by using installments?

Sorry, I will try to explain it better

The 250k will come out of your balance and your budget straight away. 75k, half the instalments, will come out of your budget at once, but will come out of your balance in the instalments.

Is that any clearer?

loool - Hey dude i think i really am a dumbass...

But you say.."75k, half the instalments, will come out of your budget at once, but will come out of your balance in the instalments".

This is what is baffling me. Im really sorry mate. I feel real stupid here...but are you saying that half of the additional fees - the 75k, will come out straight away and the remaining 75k in the 24 month instalments?

But you say.."75k, half the instalments, will come out of your budget at once, but will come out of your balance in the instalments".

This is what is baffling me. Im really sorry mate. I feel real stupid here...but are you saying that half of the additional fees - the 75k, will come out straight away and the remaining 75k in the 24 month instalments?

Right sorry, your balance is the amount of money the club have and your budget is how much you are allowed to spend. The money will come out of your budget straight away, because if you spent it before all the instalments had been paid, you would be knackered. However, the instalments will come out of your balance as agreed, as that is actually the money the club has, as opposed to the budget which is just a hypothetical figure

For instance, taking Lucas's example:

Manchester United want to sign John Doe but only have a £10M transfer budget.

8 Million up front

4 Million in installments

This would work, providing the instalments were paid over 24 months, as 2 million would be taken from the budget that year, making 10 million total, and then another 2 million the year after

As far as I'm aware yep that's what he was trying to say and yep that is how it works!

As far as I'm aware yep that's what he was trying to say and yep that is how it works!

No, it isn't what I am trying to say and it isn't how it works

It is 75k total instalments for that year and then 75k next year, not a 75k lump sum and then the rest in instalments

• Administrators

So to summarise and to clarify, to make this clearer for anyone else reading this topic (assuming ftg87 is right, of course)...:

"Manchester United want to sign John Doe but only have a £10M transfer budget.

8 Million up front

4 Million in installments

This would work, providing the instalments were paid over 24 months, as 2 million would be taken from the budget that year, making 10 million total, and then another 2 million the year after"

So, in the event that installments are 18 (correct me if I'm wrong here ftg!) or 24 months:

- Half of your installments value come out of your transfer budget that year

- The other half coming out of the club balance sheet the year after

(and by year, we mean season)

I think this clarifies anything for people still wondering.

(I use £10M as a round figure - I found the 75k example by the OP a bit 'hard' to follow)

If all this is the case, perhaps we could use an ingame calculator? ;-)

Half the instalments, 5mil, is taken from your budget in the 1st season and paid monthly from the balance accordingly, then the next season, the other 5 mil is taken from the balance, again in instalments

Except, I think, in the case of the instalments being over 18 months, 2/3 of the money would come out in the 1st season, with the remaining 3rd paid over the 1st 6 months of the 2nd season

• 7 months later...

Any money due to the other team in the first 12 months, will come out of your season budget. Anything over 12 months will not affect your budget, but will obviously be taken from your balance.

So, yeah. If it's over 48 months, 25% of that will be taken from you balance. It does also work the other way around.

Hehe yeah I posted the question then realised the dates, but this is the thread I found with more answers than the first few I saw when I searched "instalments".

Makes a pleasant change to see someone actually using the "search" button! :thup:

Archived