What's the greatest number of divisions you have risen in one go?

Having just gone from Eastleigh, 20th in the Blue Square Premier to Crystal Palace, 23rd in the Coca-Cola Championship, I reckon there is probably someone who has jumped a greater number of divisions than that?

Just one better mate burscough 4th in blue square north to Cardiff city in 21st coca cola championship, only lasted 11 months got sack for losing dressing room , with carlisle now but burscough still first result look for every week

I started off as unemployed and my reputation was automatic, I was managing Hyde in the BSN, got into the playoffs in my first season but lost the final. Then got sacked because I applied for a League job, spent a year unemployed and then got the Eastleigh job midway thru my third year, kept them up and the following year got them promoted from the BSS (via the playoffs at that). 20 games into the next season with me languishing near the bottom of the BSP and Palace have come calling. I can't think of too many real life examples where a manager has jumped that many divisions. I remember Mark Stimson went from BSP to Gillingham, who were League One at the time. Just wondered if anyone else had seen a biggish jump like that, seems a tad unrealistic.

Archived