Ask Assistant to filter out unrealistic Targets?

I am currently starting a new game in the BSN With Bradford PA with the latest patch.

Something i have never done before is Un-tick the box (Ask Assistant to filter out unrealistic Targets)

So i decided to untick it and now i am attracting out of contract players good enough for league one. My team is now sitting at the top of the league i know its still early days yet but my squad is probably the strongest in the league

flying.jpg

So just goes to show that you don't have to have that box ticked because it will say if the player is interested at the top of the screen before you offer him a contract

myteam.jpg

Its so easy i reckon you could probably win promotion every season.

Probably when you get to june the 1st and search for players with there contract ending you could probably sign a new squad and sell the player you have now to build up the bank ballance

Just signed a cracking Centre back just by unticking that box. He wanted to join so I am confused on why he didn't show up with the box ticked.

Maybe because your assman has JPA of a bowl of cornflakes. It's a Catch-22 vicious cycle in lower league: your staff are pants. By the time you can attract the best, you don't need their advice!

how you getting on peter-evo

Signed a great keeper and a great centre back.

Maybe because your assman has JPA of a bowl of cornflakes. It's a Catch-22 vicious cycle in lower league: your staff are pants. By the time you can attract the best, you don't need their advice!

I guess you are right, but it takes a quick second for me to see whether he wants to join and surely the Ass Man should be able to do the same. I know that that is unrealistic but it would help those who have a tough enough job as it is.

A rather long winded post I did a while back asking for some clarification from SI (which I never received)...

Bit of a long shot but I was wondering if we could get some final confirmation from SI about what exactly the ‘ask assistant to filter out unrealistic targets’ actually means.

At the moment it’s terribly ambiguous and if were the manager and asking the assistant to do something for us, then we should at the very least know what we’re asking of them, but at the minute there are a bunch of different theories, all of which are flawed…

Assistant filters out financially unattainable targets

It could be that the assistant filters out targets out of your price range, but I don’t think this is the case, since in previous versions I’ve used tools like FMM and even when I have £2m in transfer funds I’ll still have players appear on my filtered list who the AI want over £30m for.

Assistant filters out players who won’t be interested in joining you

The most common perception, possibly because this is how it used to be years ago. However, I don’t think this is quite accurate, since I’ve had many occasions where the assistant has filtered players out of my shortlist so I assume they won’t want to join, but after scouting them my scout informs mw that they’d be interested in joining, followed by me putting in a bid and eventually signing them.

In my current game Baftemi Gomis and Arda Turan were both filtered out of my shortlist, but after scouting them was told that they would be interested in signing for me and went ahead and signed them up.

Assistant filters out players you don’t need

Another theory is that the assistant filters out players you don’t need either because they don’t fit your formation, you are already strong in that position or the players simply are not good enough for your side.

However, I don’t personally think this is accurate either. I could play with a lone striker and have 6 on the books but still have them appear on my shortlist, or I could add someone to my list from the bottom division with a PA of 20 and CA of 50 and he’d still be shown on my list so it’s not like he’s filtering players out because he thinks I shouldn’t be after them.

Assistant filters out players based on his competence

Another common perception, is that the assistant’s choice of filtering players out relates directly to his own personal choice of who he thinks is or isn’t a realistic target. Using my example of Gomis and Turan earlier, it could be that my assistant doesn’t think they’d be interested so has filtered them out, whereas a better assistant might leave them in as he’s more in the know.

However, while I haven’t tested this with 09, I was able to do so in previous versions and kept replacing my assistant with some that were either far better or far worse and I ended up with the same filtered shortlist each and every time, so I can’t see how it can be tied individually to the assistant.

I can’t think of any more explanations behind what it actually means and I think it’s something we should know as it’s one of those occasions where the game is translating our words into a tick box so we should at least know what it means rather than making assumptions and hoping we’re right.

Easy

say your looking for a Defended set your filter as something like this

untitled.jpg

then just change it accordingly to the attributes and the position of the player you want

But this will only show well-known players in your region mate.

There are still alot of other players out there im sure that would also sign for you.

Archived