i can't sell players

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markcator3006:

Try transfer listing them, some teams might be interested then </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they are transfer listed

AFAIK the most common cause for not being able to sell a player is that his demands are unreasonably high so nobody wants to approach him.

If you're trying to get rid of them for free, try sending them on loan to somewhere with a buy clause.

Some general pointers:

-transfer listing players will lower their moral and can also affect the overall moral of the team.

-setting a player's squad status to 'not-needed' can worsen the above effects.

-selling players can be a lot of hassle, so if you're not confident that the player will play for you, or that you can make a significant profit on him, don't sign him.

-the best time for selling players is the end of June/beginning of July - do your business early when clubs have cash to burn.

The recommended procedure:

(1) Set the players' transfer status to "listed".

(2) Press continue and wait one day.

(3) Check to see if anyone's interest in the player. If they are, depending on what I want from them I either offer them to clubs at or just under their current value but with the amount over 12 months or offer about 1/2 to 2/3 their current value plus 40% sell on clause (if they're a youngster), again over 12 months.

(4) If no clubs are interested, press continue and wait one day and then do (3) but over 24 months.

(5) If clubs still aren't interested set their squad status to not-needed.

(6) Press continue and wait one day

(7) Check on the player to see if anyone's interested.

(8) If they are, do (3) (and then (4) if needs be).

(9) If no clubs are interested, set the player's value to £0.

(10) Press continue and wait one day.

(11) Check to see if clubs are interested in the player.

(12) If clubs are interested, do (3) (and then (4) if needs be).

(13) If clubs aren't interested, offer the player to clubs for a value over 12 months that is significantly lower than their current value/ £0 with 50% sell on.

(14) If clubs still aren't interested, set the players' value back to £0, and press continue and wait one day.

(15) Do (13) but over 24 months.

(16) If clubs still aren't interested, offer the player for £0 over 24 months and get rid of the awkward sod.

(17) If clubs still aren't interested in him, set his loan status to available for loan and repeat steps (1)-(16).

(18) If you still can't sell him then play him or have him tutor other players to pay his keep.

i had the same problem with Voronin and benayoun, offering them to clubs for nothing but no one was interested then teams coming in with loan offers paying about 20% of their wages.

ended up just having to pay the majority of their wages and sending them out on loan until their contracts ran out.

only thing that annoyed me at that point was when benayoun had a month left on his contract offered mutual temination, didn't want it so tried to release on a free and the board blocked it.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the human transfer market, other than maybe it is too realistic which makes it hard to sell players. So many people on here expect top dollar for a player that they don't even want themselves, and I don't know why. Benayoun is the perfect example. His wage demands are so high that only the top clubs could afford him, but those clubs have no interest because he doesn't have enough quality to play a key role for them. So why would they want him? Other clubs can't afford him. IMO it is very realistic.

The real key to the transfer market on this game is timing. You need to sell your players when they are under demand, and buy players whose contract is expiring within a couple years and unsettle them. Just like in the real world. If you don't follow those rules, then you can expect to pay premium prices, and expect next to nothing in return.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frogface:

I hope the transfer market is SI's number one priority when it comes to fm09 - the amount of people complaining on the forums about it simply cannot be ignored </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest _Cush
Originally posted by stokes_83:

I don't think there is anything wrong with the human transfer market, other than maybe it is too realistic which makes it hard to sell players. So many people on here expect top dollar for a player that they don't even want themselves, and I don't know why. Benayoun is the perfect example. His wage demands are so high that only the top clubs could afford him, but those clubs have no interest because he doesn't have enough quality to play a key role for them. So why would they want him? Other clubs can't afford him. IMO it is very realistic.

I don't accept this entirely. It is hard to sell players full stop. But lets take your case of Benayoun: maybe his wage demands are quite high but surely the fact that he is available on free should mean clubs can offer him higher wages than they might otherwise? (ie they spend on wages what they are saving on transfer fees).

Peter Crouch has barely played for Liverpool this season but if he leaves in the summer they will be able to get far more than nothing for him.

Here's another transfer thing that's currently annoying me. I am in the playoff final in my next game (with Hull - and we beat Watford in the semis - spooky!) yet I am getting lots of offers for my players from teams who aren't being promoted. And all of the targeted players want to speak to the clubs (and would sign if I let them). Surely at the very least they would wait til after the final??

I also get bored of turning down offers for the same player by the same club for the same amount over and over again.

These things don't stop me playing, though I would like them sorted.

Archived