Awaiting a work permit...

First of all, apologies if this is the wrong board to post on, I figured it wasn't really a tactical issue so opted for the general board...

My question:

I'm currently on a save as Leeds in the CCC, and one of my weaknesses has always been south American 'flair' players. I just can't resist them! :D Due to work permits, I set up a feeder club, Belgian minnows 'Torhut.' I managed to sign Kerlon from Inter on a good deal, under the condition he was loaned out to gain a work permit.

My problem is, I can't seem to see how long it may be before he is granted a permit? Do I reapply or does he just get awarded one at some point?

I'm probably just overlooking something obvious, but it'll only become obvious once someone points it out. :p Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

In England work permit is given if a player has played for 75% of his national team's games over the previous two years (to the application) and the team is in the top 70 in the FIFA rankings. Player may get it on appeal if considered an "exceptional talent". Work permit will last for length of contract or 5 years, whichever is shorter.

As you can see Brazil definately qualify in the FIFA rankings, but Kerlon is, probably, not getting the required games. I would be surprised if he didn't get in on the exceptional talent clause though.

P.S. Latin Americans only need two years for Spanish passport (this includes Brazilians)

He doesn't gain a work permit (unless of course he qualifies for the criteria in that time). The point of loaning him to Belgium is so that he can get a Belgian passport, and thereby not need a work permit. You can see how many days are left in his "Personal" tab, at the bottom.

Archived