Strikers and Forwards...whats the difference

A forward is more likely to create goals than score them, he is more of a link between midfield and strikers, they can also more often than not come deep to receive the ball and set up other people.

A striker is more likely to stay high up the pitch and score more goals than a forward, striker's are more often poachers and get set up by forwards.

A forward is more likely to create goals than score them, he is more of a link between midfield and strikers, they can also more often than not come deep to receive the ball and set up other people.

A striker is more likely to stay high up the pitch and score more goals than a forward, striker's are more often poachers and get set up by forwards.

That's more of a real life logic. In the game they only really do that if you tick 'free role' or if you give them very much creative freedom. Same as conventional strikers really, just that they're worse at doing it.

Think of Rooney or Tevez these guys are forwards in my opinion.

RV Nistelrooy or Louis Saha are what I would call strikers. In real life forwards tend to play a little deeper than strikers, linking the midfield to attack where as strikers stay in the box more trying to finish of moves. Thats the best I can describe it.

Hope that helps you

What is the difference (if any) is there with a striker and a forward ?

i should know this but i don't,i also got this player that is classed as a forward but his description says "striker"

strikerorforward.th.jpg

FC in the game is simply an ST with a hidden free role attribute of 15+.

To the op thanks for creating this thread and to Äktsjon Männ thanks for the answer. I always assumed that fc and st were basically the exact same thing and never gave the diffirence in despription much thought. I had no idea that fc indicates a high raring in this hidden attribute and this new info will probs make a big diffirence to my (currently struggling for consistency) strkers.:thup::D

Archived