End Of 1st Season Question

Just managed to finish my 1st season with Man U and I'm kinda stuck as what to do next. I noticed on my calendar nothing is scheduled. Is this basically the off season? Do I need to schedule FR's or will the PC do that for me like when you first start a season? Also should I start trying to loan out my younger players now or wait until the new season starts. If you guys could give me some pointers as what I should do in the off season that would be great. Thanks FM commuity.

well usually most of your team will go on holiday for a few weeks unless they have any international games. there isnt much point loaning out young players until the start of the new season because the other teams wont have games. there isnt much point doing any friendlies before july either. so just sit tight for a month or two. plan some transfers and get some training schedules ready to get your team back to fitness.

I go on holiday for a few weeks but make sure I return around the 20th of June so I dont miss my new youths and the seasons budgets. I always arrange my own friendly matches by going to the fixtures screen then clicking arrange friendlies, I do a tour of a country like the USA which is 4 matches long. I then arrange 4 friendlies against teams like Benfice, AZ, Cluj and maybe chuck in a team I like in real life such as Crewe, Shrewsbury of Leeds. Most clubs dont accept a friendly unless you give them some money.

I then scout around for new talent but I always leave selling players until after I have my new budget. This way you get all the transfer money you recieve to spend. I offer my younger players out for loan once the squad get back from their holiday.

Archived