penalty taker change please

:mad:

In future versions can we please have the facility/option to make a change to the penalty taker when you are awarded one..................as it is now you go with pre selected choices...and if you make a change during the game it obviously takes time for them to kick in(no pun intended;)) ........

eg.......in a recent game vidic had a brace and I got awarded a pen obviously I had to go with my previously selected option but I wanted Vidic to try for his hat trick:thup: he might not get that chance again:).

Has something similar happened to anyone else

Based on your suggestion, I actually would like the game to introduce a feature whereby players would intentionally defy the penalty/freekick priority list depending on their motivation at that moment of the match. In real-life too, we often see players deciding amongst themselves who to take penalty kicks during a match, if they deviate from the pre-determined order.

So in your example, Vidic might have been feeling on top of the world after his two goals and could have told Ronaldo to buzz off, the penalty kick responsibility would be his for the chance at grabbing his first ever hat-trick in his career.

Or on the flip side, we could get another example where the usual penalty kick taker might be really feeling the pressure in a match. If a penalty kick is then awarded that might either tie or win the game for his team, he might then decline to take it out of fear of missing, thus delegating the responsibility to the next taker in line.

This would increase the tangibility of the personalities of your players I feel, and also add another dimension to the match motivation module. Opinions on this?

I actually would like the game to introduce a feature whereby players would intentionally defy the penalty/freekick priority list depending on their motivation at that moment of the match.

Yes that would be an amazing feature

Based on your suggestion, I actually would like the game to introduce a feature whereby players would intentionally defy the penalty/freekick priority list depending on their motivation at that moment of the match. In real-life too, we often see players deciding amongst themselves who to take penalty kicks during a match, if they deviate from the pre-determined order.

Something like this should only be introduced once the AI is smart enough to handle these situations logically. At the moment I doubt it is. I certainly don't want to be losing any points because my full back with a penalty taking attribute of 3 feels he's really motivated to take the match deciding penalty. I'd really like to see the option of being able to change a PK taker once the situation occurs though.

So in your example, Vidic might have been feeling on top of the world after his two goals and could have told Ronaldo to buzz off, the penalty kick responsibility would be his for the chance at grabbing his first ever hat-trick in his career.

Or on the flip side, we could get another example where the usual penalty kick taker might be really feeling the pressure in a match. If a penalty kick is then awarded that might either tie or win the game for his team, he might then decline to take it out of fear of missing, thus delegating the responsibility to the next taker in line.

This would increase the tangibility of the personalities of your players I feel, and also add another dimension to the match motivation module. Opinions on this?

That is an incredible idea, and it would really surprise many in the game. Remember Di Canio picking up the ball because of the injured goalkeeper? Would be great.

Id like that feature, so long as it doesnt become silly as someones already said, id be fumin if it was a big game and we win a penalty and someone awful at penaltys decides to take it (seems like a bug waiting to happen), id be even more fumin if my keeper tryed taking one.

Something like this should only be introduced once the AI is smart enough to handle these situations logically. At the moment I doubt it is. I certainly don't want to be losing any points because my full back with a penalty taking attribute of 3 feels he's really motivated to take the match deciding penalty. I'd really like to see the option of being able to change a PK taker once the situation occurs though.

Well perhaps, the "Composure" and "Penalty-taking" stats could factor into the calculation when the AI decides when the penalty-taker list should be over-riden. You should not see some player with a "Penalty-taking" stat of 3 step forward voluntarily, as technically his low stats means that he does not have an appetite for taking penalty kicks and will usually thus shun them. And having said that though, I also feel the decision to deviate from the pre-determined list should only occur very rarely so as to not cause too much upset.

But there should still be the occasional upsets caused from this, as it will add some excitement and unpredictability to the game. It would also benefit the press conference module with additional interview material. You could imagine being fielded questions like "What do you feel about so-and-so's decision to take the penalty himself instead of letting your usual penalty-taker do it?" as well as "So-and-so refused to take the penalty awarded to your side today. Perhaps he felt he was not up to it due to his recent poor scoring form. Will you be relieving him of his penalty-taking duties temporarily as a result of this?"

Of course as you have mentioned, this would have to be very well-thought out to be implemented satisfactorily. I am merely touching on the premise of the idea. There should essentially be a lot of scope for further development. :D

Good thread & progession I think. Also can the GK please be default pen taker no 11 in a shoot out, in my FM history I have never seen a GK default to last! - the taker spot most GK's would occupy IRL. Also have never seen a re-take for keeper movement / infringement (though that rarely happens IRL nowadays). I wonder too if GK faffing about to put off the taker could be introduced (relatively sparingly with the occaisonal yellow card for timewasting).

It’s definitely something I’d like to see in game. The Vidic example is a good one but there are plenty of others you might use. One area it could come in handy would be goal droughts and it could link in to determination, pressure etc. Someone like Michael Owen on a goal drought would be fighting to take the penalty whereas someone like Shola Ameobi on a goal drought might not want anything to do with it.

I’d also like players to take a bit more decisions in things like free kicks and corners as they shouldn’t be set in stone. I’ve currently got my corners set to the 6 yard area but there are times when I would expect the players to take matters into their own hands and play a short one if the opportunity arose but at present they just seem to follow my instructions to the letter.

All the above comments are great and lets hope s.i. pick up on it I know in earlier versions of the game if you got to a shoot out you were asked do you want to stick with your original selection or change it....................cant see it being a major problem to be able to get this option...(perhaps there could be a prompt box in the pre game instructions where you could select if you wanted to have the option of changing a set piece taker during real time/or sticking with default options) .................cause as in the example I gave old vidic wont get near a hat trick again!

Ediocy- like your thoughts on players wanting to push themselves forward at set pieces much more realistic

Bigwig- spot on the chance to give a player who isnt scoring is a great one....................could have used berbatov hasnt scored in 23 games for me!!!!

on his way in window cant get any joy with him at all!

The manager (me) should always have final say.

If i have already decided who my penalty takers are and wanted to stick with them and the players went against my wishes - then they wouldnt be at my club for very long.

If that feature was to be introduced there would need to be a way of hvaing different players feeling reported back to you.

So say a penalty is awarded the game would list all possible penalty takers, the relevant penalty taking stats, and a players motivation/want/feeling about taking that penalty. Then its still upto you to decide who takes it and you feel happy :thup:

If the game took the option to actually manage away from me i.e players deciding it for themselves and not giving me the option - then i would be ****ed at them and at the game. AND IF THEY MISSED and it wasnt me who decided was going to take it...then, wow. People would die

Perhaps a tick box could be introduced that allows you to give your captain permission to override your set piece instructions if he feels it’s necessary. That way leaving it unticked would mean you expect your set piece instructions to be followed rigorously, but ticking it means that you’re giving your captain a bit more of a say.

If the option is implemented we should have the power do dish out a bollocking when players take a decision into their own hands and it goes wrong. One example in real life would be the awful penalty Henry and Pires messed up which I very much doubt Wenger wanted them to do and I dare say he had a few words in private.

Archived