The Random Game - Sign up and Test thread

Hi all and welcome to the Random Game sign up thread. You may have seen this idea in the Ideas thread for the brief few hours it was up there before I decided to do it but in case you didn’t here it is.

It basically involves the user creating a player but everything about him (other than personal data) would be randomised. A scoring system will be used to determine the winner every 6 months, at Christmas and then End of Season. The winner of each period then can request a screenshot of a section of attributes for any player. For Example if User A wins then he can ask for a screenshot of his or anyone else’s Technical, Mental or Physical section. The User then can play the Random Card Game (Copyright Blowcrapup 2009) to attempt to raise his or to lower an opponent’s attributes. However like all games there must be a risk. Attributes can be raised for opponents and can be lowered for the User.

The Random Card Game Explained

The Random card game involves choosing from two sets of cards which will be randomised every time there is a draw.

The winning user will ask for his screenshot of the attribute block he would like to see. He then announces publicly to the forum which attribute he would like to attempt to increase or reduce.

He will then be offered a choice of two cards to determine whether the attribute will be increased or decreased. These will be decided using a random number generator using the numbers 1 and 2, with 1 representing – and 2 representing +. The user will not see or know where the symbols are until they have chosen the card.

The User will then need to decide by how much the attribute will be altered. This will be decided by choosing 1 of 5 cards. Each of these cards will have a number associated with it, again decided by a random number generator, the User will pick a card and then using FMRTE I will edit the attribute he nominated.

You can also attempt to modify CA or PA instead of an attribute but you will never see this number. For CA and PA the number you draw will be doubled meaning you CA/PA can be raised/lowered by either 2,4,6,8 or 10.

If there is a tie then both of the tied users will choose from the same set of cards. They do not have to pick different cards but the results wil not be revealed until both have submitted their choices.

A few examples

User H wins at Christmas and decides he wants to attempt to raise his Finishing which is 15 (using the screenshot choice to discover this). He draws his first card and unfortunately he draws the minus card. He then has to draw the card with the numbers on it. He draws 4, which takes his Finishing down to 11 and we all laugh at him.

User G then manages to take advantage of this and wins the end of season period. He then decides to try to gain a greater advantage next season and decides User H is his greatest threat. He asks for a screenshot of User H’s Technical attributes and see that User H’s Finishing has risen to 12 after training. He draws first card and receives a plus card. He then has to choose a number card. He draws 4, which takes User H’s Finishing up to 16.

User J then wins the next Christmas period and decides to try to raise his Stamina, which is 16. He receives the plus card and draws the number 5 card. This raises his Stamina to 20. The remaining number is lost (I do have another idea which I will open to a vote though).

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully that is clear enough. What I need from you is.

Name: (Must have first and 2nd name but you can have a common name)

D.O.B: (Date and Month Only, Year will be 1990)

Nationality:

2nd Nationality: (Optional)

Favoured Club:

Dislike Club:

Favoured Personnel:

Dislike Personnel:

Club: You may choose a Blue Square Premier side as your club. You may choose the same club as another player if you chose but please be aware that you all can’t compete for places.

Position: You can choose any outfield position but I may revoke the ability to choose defenders if the scoring isn’t fair enough. You can only choose one area but may pick any position in that area e.g. you cannot be an AMC/FC but you can be a DR/WBR as they are both considered defenders. (IMO)

City of Birth: (Optional)

Place a (D) beside a country if you want to be declared for it.

There will be limited spaces for this as my laptop isn’t great.

Very Important

After 10 people have signed up I will be temporarily freezing the sign up process to run a test year with those people. This will be to check the scoring system is fair and to make sure the Random Card Game works as it is meant to.

Extremely Important

This game is meant to be fun for everyone involved. This means that to keep people interested there will be strict deadlines to keep everything moving nicely. You will not be immediately kicked out if you miss a deadline but you will lose your card choices for that period if you do not respond. After this your activity will be watched and if you do not post within a set amount of time then you will be replaced. If you are going to be away for whatever reason for a long(ish) period of time please let me know and if you do win then you will be able to play the Random Card Game when you return.

Most Important

As said above this game is meant to be fun and any malicious abuse towards a person who reduces your attributes will result in a warning. If this warning is ignored then you will be immediately replaced in the experiment. However good natured banter towards other participants is encouraged.

Name: Jonathan Desmond Tiny

D.O.B: 13/07

Nationality: New Zealand

2nd Nationality: Andorran

Favoured Club: Arsenal

Dislike Club: Manchester United

Favoured Personnel:

Dislike Personnel: Rooney

Club: Barrow

Position: DR/WBR

As I said in the Ideas thread, this is Brilliant, and all I want is to be involved. Kudos for the thread and hope we see some delightful banter, and Iacovone be warned if you sign up I will destroy you...:p

1. Jonathan Tiny (LLR)

2. Andrew Jackson (Jack Rudd)

Name: Andrew Jackson

D.O.B: 13/05

Nationality: Trinidad & Tobago

2nd Nationality: England

Favoured Club: Newcastle United

Dislike Club: MK Dons

Favoured Personnel: Shay Given, Michael Owen

Dislike Personnel:

Club: Stevenage

Position: ML/AMR

POB: Arima (Trn)

Name: Jack Browne

D.O.B: 09/06

Nationality: English

2nd Nationality: Spanish

Favoured Club: Q.P.R

Favoured Personnel: Akos Buzsaky, Ian Holloway

Disliked Personnel:

Club: Histon

Position: ST

Superb idea mate, very original.

Name: Maz Armley

DOB: 4/4/91

Nationality: Luxembourg

2nd nationality: England

Favoured club: Huddersfield Town

Disliked club: Leeds United

Favoured Personnel: Andy Booth and Andy Holdsworth

Disliked personnel: Phil Brown and Jermaine Beckford

Club: Wrexham

Position: ST

Name: Peter Gorgenhorgen

D.O.B: (Date and Month Only) 5.1

Nationality: German

2nd Nationality: (Optional)

Favoured Club: FC Bayern

Dislike Club: Chelsea

Favoured Personnel: -

Dislike Personnel: -

Club: Lewes (by Blue Square Conference you meant Blue Square Premier, didn't you?)

Position: I'll be different and be a Goalkeeper

Guest mikeytwigge

name mikey twigge

D.O.B: 23rd july

Nationality: english

2nd Nationality: (Optional) brazil

Favoured Club: aston villa

Dislike Club: birmingham

Favoured Personnel: martin o neil

Dislike Personnel: sir alex fergusen

Club: barrow

Position: st

city of birth lancaster

Guest mikeytwigge

1. Jonathan Tiny (LLR)

3. Jack Browne (jack.browne)

4. Tom Hamilton (hamilton162)

5. Maz Armley (m123...)

6. Peter Gorgenhorgen (canvey!!)

7.Robin van der Dutch (paulhartman)

8.mikey twigge (mikeytwigge)

Name: Kelsier Roberts (common name- The Survivor)

D.O.B: 4/28

Nationality: American

2nd Nationality: Irish

Favoured Club: Tottenham

Dislike Club: Chelsea

Favoured Personnel: Lukas Podolski, Luka Modric

Dislike Personnel: Frank Lampard, Didier Drogba

Club: Blyth

Position: ML/AML

1. Jonathan Tiny (LLR)

5. Maz Armley (m123...)

9. The Survivor (spartans5)

Name: Albert Holstein(common name-The Cow)

D.O.B: 11/27

Nationality: American

2nd Nationality: Welsh

Favoured Club: Arsenal

Dislike Club: Man Utd

Favoured Personnel: Fabregas, Vagner Love

Dislike Personnel: C. Ronaldo, Fernando Torres

Club: Torquay

Position: AM/FC

1. Jonathan Tiny (LLR)

5. Maz Armley (m123...)

10.Albert Holstein(hasdgfas)

Quality idea mate, just wondering how many people will be allowed to sign up after this initial test period because I'm pretty keen to be involved:D?

I'm not yet sure I was thinking about 20 but if theres interest I may knock it up to 30 and create 3 leagues and have some kind of inter league competition.

Thanks for all signing up. I did mean the Blue Square Prem.

Final Table for test.

1. Jonathan Tiny (LLR)

5. Maz Armley (m123...)

10.Albert Holstein(hasdgfas)

Reserve (Please Don't ask to be on reserve list these people joined before before I had a chance to declare it closed)

1. Jimmy Riddle (JimmyRiddle)

2. Whoopy D

I didn't plan on letting people be goalkeepers but we'll see how it goes during testing as I wasn't sure if I was going to allow defenders.

Also hasdgfas you need to decide whether you are an Midfielder or a Striker.

Note

I forgot to say that everyone will have 1990 set as year of birth. I have also added two new sections to the player info but they are optional. You can go back add a place of birth (won't matter as you won't see it) but you can also declare yourself for a nation.

Yeah I understand that, because it would cause troubles otherwise, maybe you should just make it so it is unbalanced but change the winning sections around regularly, so like one challenge have Assists, next have distance run, then do tackles per game, and similar things, this way you can keep people in different areas and have similar scoring systems :)

Test Scoring System

(Subject to change)

Strikers

Games – 1 point league, 2 for continental, 5 for International

Goals – 3 points league, 5 for continental, 7 for International

Assists – 2 points league, 4 for continental, 6 for International

MOM – 4 points league, 6 continental, 8 international

YC – Minus 3 league, Minus 5 continental, minus 7 International

RC – Minus 5 league, minus 7 continental, minus 10 international

Avg form – Rounded to nearest whole number.

Midfielders

Games – 1 point league, 2 for continental, 5 for International

Goals – 4 points league, 6 for continental, 8 for International

Assists – 4 points league, 6 for continental, 8 for International

MOM – 5 points league, 7 continental, 9 international

Defenders(?)

Games – 2 point league, 3 for continental, 6 for International

Goals – 5 points league, 7 for continental, 9 for International

Assists – 5 points league, 7 for continental, 9 for International

Goalkeepers(?)

Games – 3 point league, 5 for continental, 7 for International

Clean Sheets – 4 points league, 6 for continental, 8 for International

What do people think about this for the moment?

I think my only worry is from what I have seen defenders are more likely to get a card, therefore if they lose the same as others it could end up hurting them...

Maybe if you run through a few seasons with the 10 you have and average out the points in each position, compare them and then do it again to see what they come up as :) And then adjust until you get something that makes them all about even on avg :)

Woohoo it could be me Who's Crap ;) Maybe you could set the PA as something standard...? That way at least even with a crap start we have a chance? Otherwise it would most likely adjust our figures down. Or the other option is to include CA & PA as options for us to adjust instead of stats...Then you can include it as random, but allow us to chance changing them as well.

The Test Scoring System looks fine (from a GK point of view) - but if you don't want goalkeepers I'd be more than happy to change.

I'm going to follow LLR's advice and do two test seasons (four periods) and see what the average works out like.

Woohoo it could be me Who's Crap ;) Maybe you could set the PA as something standard...? That way at least even with a crap start we have a chance? Otherwise it would most likely adjust our figures down. Or the other option is to include CA & PA as options for us to adjust instead of stats...Then you can include it as random, but allow us to chance changing them as well.

I'm thinking have a random draw to see if its -8,-9,-10 and leave CA as completely random and see what that does. I'll make the test DB first though with completely random and see what happens.

I was thinking about making CA and PA as one of the attributes you can choose to risk raising or lowering but it would be completely blind until you decided to risk it.

I'm thinking have a random draw to see if its -8,-9,-10 and leave CA as completely random and see what that does. I'll make the test DB first though with completely random and see what happens.

I was thinking about making CA and PA as one of the attributes you can choose to risk raising or lowering but it would be completely blind until you decided to risk it.

I like this option, make it kinda random in the high end, and then you do not have any clue of it unless you ask to change it :)

More interesting if it was different I think, of course personally I am not worried if my player is crap haha. I am just looking forward to the banter and everything. And actually Whoopy makes a good point, that you can choose to change them, but keeping them unknown as well is a great idea...

I thought of a way to do it and make it more interesting. Basically every player will be randomly given either a -8,-9,-10 PA through a random generator with -8 having 3 chances, -9 having 2 chances and -10 having 1 chance in coming out for a player.

e.g. 1,2 or 3 is -8, 4 or 5 is -9 and 6 is -10.

To both Spartans5 and hasdgfas Blyth aren't in the Blue Square Premier can you pick another side. Its my fault I couldn't remember what the league was called when I typed the OP.

It also looks like Spartans5 has gone offline so I may just random him and then change him to his choice when the actual sign up starts.

In order to get the test started Spartans5 has been assigned to Crawley Town and hasdgfas has been assigned to York. Both of you please change Blyth in your sheet to a Blue Square Premier side. It was my fault but this is one aspect where everyone must be equal.

In order to get the test started Spartans5 has been assigned to Crawley Town and hasdgfas has been assigned to York. Both of you please change Blyth in your sheet to a Blue Square Premier side. It was my fault but this is one aspect where everyone must be equal.

sorry, Blue Square made me assume it was BSP, BSS, or BSN. It has been edited.

Archived