What To Do with U18's...& another question to the authors of the FM Guides

Hi

I have 2 quick questions please.

I am currently playing as Oxford in a new FM career.

Most of my reserves/U-18's are recommended to be offloaded as soon as possible.

I have money (slightly edited in the FM Editor) - but also considering all the wages being paid to these 14 players who I can say will definately have no future at the club - is it worth releasing them all on free transfers?

My 2nd question is to the guys who wrote the FM Guides....i.e. Matt, Heath, Loversleaper, Crouchaldinho, SMSL, Megafan2005, WWfan etc...

I can see that the stuff you guys wrote is just genius...but given that you have provided us with tactics for each type of game we want to play (i.e. attacking, control, defensive, balanced etc.) - What advise would you give to a team who are realtively ALL new to each other (i.e. all just signed and need to gel )especially playing their first friendly of the season against lower level opposition/higher level opposition?

If i am playing a part-time team for my first friendly who i know i should really batter to pieces, would i still instruct an All out Attacking mentality?

Thanks in advance.

Most of my reserves/U-18's are recommended to be offloaded as soon as possible.

I have money (slightly edited in the FM Editor) - but also considering all the wages being paid to these 14 players who I can say will definately have no future at the club - is it worth releasing them all on free transfers?

I usually just keep them until they're too old to play for the u18's. The majority of their already miniscule wages is covered by youth grants that will show on your finance screen.

When they are too old, if they're no good, I just release them and usually there's no compensation required.

My 2nd question is to the guys who wrote the FM Guides....i.e. Matt, Heath, Loversleaper, Crouchaldinho, SMSL, Megafan2005, WWfan etc...

I can see that the stuff you guys wrote is just genius...but given that you have provided us with tactics for each type of game we want to play (i.e. attacking, control, defensive, balanced etc.) - What advise would you give to a team who are realtively ALL new to each other (i.e. all just signed and need to gel )especially playing their first friendly of the season against lower level opposition/higher level opposition?

If i am playing a part-time team for my first friendly who i know i should really batter to pieces, would i still instruct an All out Attacking mentality?

I tend to just pick or create a tactic I intend to use and stay with it. I'll usually have a core tactical framework and only make changes to mentality & defensive line equally (as they're linked), passing and tempo. I personally have time wasting low, so only change it in the latter stages of competitive matches to run the clock down.

I'm not a big fan of tactical sets as I'm happy enough making whatever slider changes I feel are required during matches. That said, the changes I make are sensible and based upon what I see and what my opponents are doing.

I usually just keep them until they're too old to play for the u18's. The majority of their already miniscule wages is covered by youth grants that will show on your finance screen.

When they are too old, if they're no good, I just release them and usually there's no compensation required.

I tend to just pick or create a tactic I intend to use and stay with it. I'll usually have a core tactical framework and only make changes to mentality & defensive line equally (as they're linked), passing and tempo. I personally have time wasting low, so only change it in the latter stages of competitive matches to run the clock down.

I'm not a big fan of tactical sets as I'm happy enough making whatever slider changes I feel are required during matches. That said, the changes I make are sensible and based upon what I see and what my opponents are doing.

Thanks Heath...I think this part of my question was for the Tactics forum - but I guess I am trying to ask what mentality you would play in your first friendly game with a new side who are still yet to gel together.

Would you go all out attacking in your first game against a lower level side? Even though your players have never played together before?

Archived