finding good talent quickly?

I'm in 2013 as man city, and until now I haven't bothered looking for young talent, but I feel it's time to start building for the long term, regardless of money available atm. So, how do you find emerging stars as quick as possible? send a scout to brazil? scout all of the big u21 teams?

Easy way would be to search for players under 21 on the player search. Then look/sort by at the players' attributes (defensive, attacking, goalkeeping, technical, mental and physical - depending on what position you want players in) and see what players llok good. That's what I would do anyway - or you could just scout a region like south america or scandanavia - where quality youngsters commonly appear.

yeah fill up on your scouting staff and send em out. Brazil is a huge factory however dont just concentrate on south america. I have 9 scouts working for me for a smaller ukrainian team and im finding lots in portugal and spain.

I'm doin' it in two ways:

-Player search with filtering (if im searching defenders i choose marking 17-18, strikers finishing 17-18... etc)

-I send scouts to home country, South America, Africa...

does this work when their stats are hidden? (filtering stats)

Starting at the national sides, then U21 and at last U19 would be a good start. Sort by age. Some of the best regens will already be in the national A sides, others in the U21. Being there for a big nation at the age of 16 is a good sign of quality. Just go there and scout the interesting guys.

Of course, that way you will still miss out many but imho that's the quickest way to find some real quality.

:)

Archived