Marcelo I think I love you (Not the Real Madrid one)

marcelon.jpg

I have never seen one player influence a season so much. The guy scored freekicks in the league cup final, FA Cup final and got a freekick and a header in the Champions league final. I think I am in love with this player. Pretty pointless thread really but anyone else have any players they love, I just had to share the brilliance of this player with the SI forum world.

Great regen, i haven't come across any worth while regens, but i'm not in the perfct position to judge since i haven't got past 3 season, i always find the mental attributes always let them down but this guy is really the real deal.

Great season from your star player.

Makes me wonder just how important being two-footed is though. He has a poor/non-functioning left-foot yet he is able to produce so many assists. I'd imagine that a winger would need to be two-footed to be that effective.

After all a one-footed winger is going to try to cross with his strong foot on every ocassion, getting to the byline and crossing with his right, or crossing with his right from a deeper position. It just seems like his ability to influence a game would be more contingent on the ability/performance of the full-back he is up against than a two-footed winger. The two-footed winger would have more options to create chances available to him.

So would this player have been scarily more effective, creating more chances and scoring more goals, if he was two-footed, or does it not matter that much for a winger?

Cheers

Great season from your star player.

Makes me wonder just how important being two-footed is though. He has a poor/non-functioning left-foot yet he is able to produce so many assists. I'd imagine that a winger would need to be two-footed to be that effective.

After all a one-footed winger is going to try to cross with his strong foot on every ocassion, getting to the byline and crossing with his right, or crossing with his right from a deeper position. It just seems like his ability to influence a game would be more contingent on the ability/performance of the full-back he is up against than a two-footed winger. The two-footed winger would have more options to create chances available to him.

So would this player have been scarily more effective, creating more chances and scoring more goals, if he was two-footed, or does it not matter that much for a winger?

Cheers

I wondered about footedness but it doesnt seem to make alot of difference I think people over rate the need for players to be both footed. In my other teams I have had Messi, Vela and other 2 footed players that I use on the wing and non can produce the displays that this guy does. He can run outwide take on 2 players and cross the ball perfectly for the striker he can also cut in very well and although he doesnt score many goals he tends to cut in and then pull the ball back to the attacking CM.

I think even if I trained him to play AML he would perform nearly just aswell.

Did you edit that player?

No, why?

How's he only got 1 cap for Brasil?

Quality looking player btw :thup:

I think its because Brazil play a 4-2-2-2 with fullbacks and no wingers he can play wingback but not fullback, he went to the world cup but only played one game. Maybe I should train him to play another position so he get a call up.

Great regen, i haven't come across any worth while regens, but i'm not in the perfct position to judge since i haven't got past 3 season, i always find the mental attributes always let them down but this guy is really the real deal.

Don't look so much into the mental attributes, they develop naturally over time. Just try to involve them in your first team to speed up the process a bit, don't leave them rotting in your u19/reserve squad, then they'll never develop those attributes.

He isnt edited in anyway. Most of my regen wingers have good corner taking and flair never noticed it being rare to have both. I thought there were too many regens with set piece ability to be honest.

No, why?

I think its because Brazil play a 4-2-2-2 with fullbacks and no wingers he can play wingback but not fullback, he went to the world cup but only played one game. Maybe I should train him to play another position so he get a call up.

Fair enough.

I remember on FM08, I had a great Brasilian regen winger called Adilson Muniz, was winning best midfielder in the world etc at like 20 years old. After being in England for 5 years he took English nationality and just before England were gonna call him up, Brasil called him up played him, and he didn't play for them again :p

Archived