champions league final stadium?

It doesnt in real life, and therefore shouldnt in the game.

In real life tickets to the final are being sold long before the teams that will play are decided. If they suddenly changed the venue it would mean total chaos..

Well you could argue the same thing for last seasons CL final, all the Man Yoo and Chelski fans had to leave their homes in Ireland and the home counties and go all the way to Russia just because UEFA were too stubborn to switch it to a closer venue.

I lost in the Champions League final at the San Siro against Inter, as Milan.

Must be very hard to take, im sorry for you :(

I have just won a UEFA Cup final against Barcelona, as Southampton, at St. Mary's!

A great achievement well done :) what on earth was barcelona doing in the UEFA cup :D must have done a Bayern Munich ;)

Thanks, but I was more surprised about where we were playing the final! Actually, the final four in the UEFA Cup this season was Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus and my team - and we'd knocked out Manchester United along the way. By comparison, the last four in the Champions League were Milan, Inter, Man City and Arsenal.

Well you could argue the same thing for last seasons CL final, all the Man Yoo and Chelski fans had to leave their homes in Ireland and the home counties and go all the way to Russia just because UEFA were too stubborn to switch it to a closer venue.

UEFA was stubborn???

This subject is off-topic but I couldn't help myself voicing my opinion. Why would (or should) UEFA change the previously announced venue just to make the trips for arguably the richest football fans in Europe shorter! It obviously makes no sense. Zenith fans made it all the way to Manchester and they never moaned about the distance they had to travel.

About the topic, interestingly this is a common occurrance in the game. I also won a CL title against Fenerbahçe with my Atletico Madrid team in Vicente Calderon (the season was 2012-2013). I believe that once the venue of a club competition final is announced, the players of the team owning that particular stadium are strongly motivated by that, making it all the way to final frequently (obviously if they have the skills).

I believe that once the venue of a club competition final is announced, the players of the team owning that particular stadium are strongly motivated by that, making it all the way to final frequently (obviously if they have the skills).

Does it even get announced in the game? I am playing as Ibiza Eivissa in my game, so there are still a couple of years until I am ready to compete at that level ;)

Does it even get announced in the game? I am playing as Ibiza Eivissa in my game, so there are still a couple of years until I am ready to compete at that level ;)

Yes the venue of the finals of continental/global competitions gets announced via a message sent to your inbox if your team or players in your squad are involved in them.

I have included a screenshot of an example below:

FinalHostAnnouncement.jpg

Archived