Is a straight red card an automatic 3 game ban?

Hi fellas,

As the title says, is a straight red an automatic 3 game ban?

I don't know why but whenever one of my players gets a straight red he's always banned for 3 games whereas I keep seeing players from other games get straight reds but only banned for one game.

Reading this,

Seems like it depends on the offence. Denial of a goal scoring opportunity (i.e Friedel and George McCarthy) is a one match ban. Violent conduct and serious foul play (look further down for Adam Virgo, Adebayo Akinfenwa and Nick Carle) is three matches.

And having an appeal rejected incurs an additional one match. :eek:

Reading this,

Seems like it depends on the offence. Denial of a goal scoring opportunity (i.e Friedel and George McCarthy) is a one match ban. Violent conduct and serious foul play (look further down for Adam Virgo, Adebayo Akinfenwa and Nick Carle) is three matches.

And having an appeal rejected incurs an additional one match. :eek:

Ah, this is why Scholes only got a 1 game ban for his handball offense in the game against Fulham from the other week.

But why was Vidic given a two game ban after his sending off against Liverpool? Did Man Utd appeal against it and lose their appeal?

Ah, this is why Scholes only got a 1 game ban for his handball offense in the game against Fulham from the other week.

But why was Vidic given a two game ban after his sending off against Liverpool? Did Man Utd appeal against it and lose their appeal?

Vidic got two matches because he had been sent off earlier in the season as well. Apparently there's a rule which states that if you've been sent off for the second time during a single season you get another match added to your initial ban.

Vidic got two matches because he had been sent off earlier in the season as well. Apparently there's a rule which states that if you've been sent off for the second time during a single season you get another match added to your initial ban.

True that. A second red card also incurs an additional one match ban.

Reading further down, I am still surprised that John Terry's red card at Man City was rescinded. The offence was 'serious foul play', which seems just about right.

Thanks for the quick replies fellas. Now I know that in FM if a player gets a straight red for hacking with 2 feet, then it's an automatic 3 game ban for violent conduct. But if it's a straight red for just a professional foul then it's only a 1 game ban.

True that. A second red card also incurs an additional one match ban.

Reading further down, I am still surprised that John Terry's red card at Man City was rescinded. The offence was 'serious foul play', which seems just about right.

Nothing to do with him being England Captain influencing the decision then, huh? ;)

Archived