It's van Persie, he misses... It's van Persie, he misses... [Obvious Player Naming]

First of, this is not a rant about how RvP doesn't score goals for me.

So this happens in one of my test seasons. Last game of the season. Arsenal need a win against West Ham to guarantee the Premier division title :thup:

And then, this happens :

ArsenalvWestHam.png

And so, the table looks like this :

EnglishPremierDivision-4.png

Robin van Persie :cool:

Ouch really. :(

Possibly to lessen the chances of a similar occurrence in the future, once a player has missed a penalty, go into your tactics screen and remove him from the list of penalty-takers.

I too have seen my player miss two penalties in one match, so there might really be a case of the first miss affecting his nerves for the second.

Not realistic at all IMO, the chance of RvP missing 1 penalty is low enough, but 2? That would never happen, and the last time it happened was to this Argentinian who missed 3 penalties, but that happens every 5 years or so. Another flaw.

One of my regen loanees played a full season for Córdoba and was ironically their best penalty taker with 8. He took around 5 penalties that season and missed them all, and missed in a penalty shootout too!

Not realistic at all IMO, the chance of RvP missing 1 penalty is low enough, but 2? That would never happen, and the last time it happened was to this Argentinian who missed 3 penalties, but that happens every 5 years or so. Another flaw.

Would never happen? What rubbish.

Not realistic at all IMO, the chance of RvP missing 1 penalty is low enough, but 2? Another flaw.

Oh dear.

I knew you were a bit of an odd one, but now I know you are just completely deluded.

A penalty is complete luck. If he takes a penalty, he could put it anywhere. The keeper could go anywhere. Yes, penalties favour the outfield player. But there is every chance that the goalkeeper will save it or it will miss the goal.

It's people like you that have contributed to Arsenal's fans all coming across as muppets.

Ouch really. :(

Possibly to lessen the chances of a similar occurrence in the future, once a player has missed a penalty, go into your tactics screen and remove him from the list of penalty-takers.

I too have seen my player miss two penalties in one match, so there might really be a case of the first miss affecting his nerves for the second.

Err I'm not playing as Arsenal :confused:

And moj, that's just a bunch of crap you put up. Surely penalties can be missed :confused:

Martin Palermo - He is featured in the Guiness Book of World Records for missing three penalties for Argentina in a single international match against Colombia for the Copa América 1999.

That must have stung, and a genuine crappy way to lose at title.

Did you reload the match, or did you accept the loss, and therefore the loss of title?

In case nobody's noticed, Arsenal was controlled by the AI - if you look at the league table, you'll see that the opening poster was playing as Hull City (and finished 10th).

Lol King Ronaldo, he's still a class player though :)

To the OP, complete luck penalties mate. Just a bit of a bad time for some unluckiness. BTW, check the Arsenal thread for theincrediblehulk's first season league table. I think it was something like 103 points he was on and still finished 2nd to Man Utd. :-O

Would never happen? What rubbish.

Can you tell two things please.

a) A match that features a penalty miss by RvP.

b) A match that features 2 penalties misses by RvP, or in that case, anyone.

:)

And Arsenal_2111, a penalty is not all luck, scientifically it is proven that you can hit a penalty that is impossible to save.

And to further make you look silly, if penalties are all luck, why do Germany (national team) always win penalties? They've won over 15 tournaments since the last player missed a penalty, that is extremely good luck, that's more than 50 players scoring penalties, with keepers ranged from world-class to terrible, with conditions ranged from excellent and sunny, to terrible.

Yet not one has missed. Your "luck" theory is stupid.

First of, this is not a rant about how RvP doesn't score goals for me.

So this happens in one of my test seasons. Last game of the season. Arsenal need a win against West Ham to guarantee the Premier division title :thup:

And then, this happens :

ArsenalvWestHam.png

And so, the table looks like this :

EnglishPremierDivision-4.png

Robin van Persie :cool:

that's football, and football sometimes can be cruel. Simple as that

:)

What are you smiling about ? That proves absolutely nothing to back up your idea that 'it would never happen', just because it hasn't happened in his relatively short career doesn't mean it never will. Plank.

Doubtful that it would happen in real life. I'd imagine its probably happened less than a half dozen times in a deciding game of a league ever.

Ingame I've never seen it happen in a crucial game but have seen 2 pens missed by one player (usually my player) on a semi regular basis (once a season).

I could also show you games where Adebayor and Walcott have scored an hat-trick each. Is this also unrealistic because that has never happened in real life ? :confused: :D

And Arsenal_2111, a penalty is not all luck, scientifically it is proven that you can hit a penalty that is impossible to save.

No ****, if I smash the ball into the top corner with some JA Riise power the keepers not going to get there... not science, common sense...

Now probability will tell you that I'm not going to be able to do that every time.

You're ******** lulz

No ****, if I smash the ball into the top corner with some JA Riise power the keepers not going to get there... not science, common sense...

Now probability will tell you that I'm not going to be able to do that every time.

You're ******** lulz

On the contrary, you've just proven yourself wrong, hitting at a certain corner, at a certain angle, with a certain amount of steps, with a certain power to it (Riise), the shot is unsavable.

Way to make yourself look idiotic. :thup:

On the contrary, you've just proven yourself wrong, hitting at a certain corner, at a certain angle, with a certain amount of steps, with a certain power to it (Riise), the shot is unsavable.

Way to make yourself look idiotic. :thup:

Read my post again, I said the keeper wouldn't get there.

% That I'm going to be able to do that everytime...?

Back to English class for you son

Read my post again, I said the keeper wouldn't get there.

% That I'm going to be able to do that everytime...?

Back to English class for you son

The keeper wouldn't "get" there because the ball is too far away from him to get there.... now that's common sense.

If you're a professional footballer, you practice every single day for god knows how many hours, so yes you should be able to do it every single time, just like the German national team - who haven't missed a penalty for... how long?

The keeper wouldn't "get" there because the ball is too far away from him to get there.... now that's common sense.

If you're a professional footballer, you practice every single day for god knows how many hours, so yes you should be able to do it every single time, just like the German national team - who haven't missed a penalty for... how long?

You seriously don't have a clue about anything, do you? Either the lousiest troll ever or the stupidest person, can't decide, either way, you lost already so go back to your cave.

You said it would "never" happen, with your usual Arsenal blinkers on. He's a good penalty taker. But so's Martin Palermo and he could miss penalties as well. Of course RVP could miss a penalty, and it's not beyond the realms of possibility that it could happen either. OK, so it probably won't happen, but it's not like it happens in FM09 all the time either.

You said it would "never" happen, with your usual Arsenal blinkers on. He's a good penalty taker. But so's Martin Palermo and he could miss penalties as well. Of course RVP could miss a penalty, and it's not beyond the realms of possibility that it could happen either. OK, so it probably won't happen, but it's not like it happens in FM09 all the time either.

I wasn't trying to be biased towards RvP or Arsenal there at all, but RvP missing a penalty could happen in real ife, but him missing him 2? I don't think anyone other than Martin Palermo has missed 2 (or more penalties) in a match for a long time.

Also look at the context of the match, it's a deciding match, imagine that in real life, where Arsenal get a second penalty and they have to score it, would RvP take it again after missing his first? Probably not, Adebayor or someone else. Not realistic at all to be honest.

I wasn't trying to be biased towards RvP or Arsenal there at all, but RvP missing a penalty could happen in real ife, but him missing him 2? I don't think anyone other than Martin Palermo has missed 2 (or more penalties) in a match for a long time.

Also look at the context of the match, it's a deciding match, imagine that in real life, where Arsenal get a second penalty and they have to score it, would RvP take it again after missing his first? Probably not, Adebayor or someone else. Not realistic at all to be honest.

It's unlikely, but to say that it would "never" happen and is unrealistic is ridiculous. If Martin Palermo's hattrick of penalty misses had happened in FM loads of people would say FM was unrealistic. It's not unrealistic to show a match where RVP misses two, it's just unlikely that it would happen IRL. That said, it's probably unlikely that anybody else has a game where RVP misses two in a match, so in that sense the game is realistic.

It's unlikely, but to say that it would "never" happen and is unrealistic is ridiculous. If Martin Palermo's hattrick of penalty misses had happened in FM loads of people would say FM was unrealistic. It's not unrealistic to show a match where RVP misses two, it's just unlikely that it would happen IRL. That said, it's probably unlikely that anybody else has a game where RVP misses two in a match, so in that sense the game is realistic.

It's the 38th match of the league, Man Utd have drawn to Stoke with 90 points, Arsenal are drawing with West Ham at the moment and also have 90 points if they draw, RvP has just missed a penalty, it's the 80th minute and another penalty is chosen.

2 things - does RvP take the penalty? Probably not, so why does he take it in the AI? And is that realistic at all?

And his penalty taking stat is higher than 15, so missing 2?

Isn't there a hidden attribute about how a player copes with pressure and important matches?

I wonder what Robin van Persie'a attributes for that are. Also, how do you know that RvP wouldn't miss two title deciding penalties if he's never been in that position? Has he ever had to take a penalty when the pressure is really on (i.e. cup finals or major tournments).

It's the 38th match of the league, Man Utd have drawn to Stoke with 90 points, Arsenal are drawing with West Ham at the moment and also have 90 points if they draw, RvP has just missed a penalty, it's the 80th minute and another penalty is chosen.

2 things - does RvP take the penalty? Probably not, so why does he take it in the AI? And is that realistic at all?

And his penalty taking stat is higher than 15, so missing 2?

You see players taking a second penalty after they've missed one plenty of times (admittedly they normally score the second). It sounds like you expect the game to exactly mirror IRL events.

Archived